OLA & The Soldano SLO30. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OLA & The Soldano SLO30.

Rig: 6505MH

I donít know the details of 7 dying trees clone, but it looks like you can build yourself a clone with the kits below.

C3 Amps - Soldano Kits, Transfomers, Chassis, Boards, Head Cabinets and Components

https://www.tedweber.com/heather-c-kt

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez UV7PWH
    Rig: VHT UL /AxeFX2 /Mesa RK2

Quote Originally Posted by drache713 View Post
    I don’t know the details of 7 dying trees clone, but it looks like you can build yourself a clone with the kits below.

C3 Amps - Soldano Kits, Transfomers, Chassis, Boards, Head Cabinets and Components

https://www.tedweber.com/heather-c-kt
    pretty much it, but c3amps cost too much with import, so i ended up using inmadout (italy) for transformers, tony sold me a board, and then collected all the parts from mouser, farnell and tubetown, and chassis from brownsound

details here:
    How to Make Friends and Electrocute People

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Man, that sounds great. I'd have no problem dropping $2700 on an amp if it sounded fucking awesome, and listening to this I go for a very different tone than Ola but I could hear the beginnings of some tones I could absolutely get on with (I know it was a Bogner, but there's sort of a Alien Love Secrets vibe in a few places here), but I'd really need to spend some time with one before I could be sure. Awesome, awesome sounding amp though.
    You can totally get that sound with one. Just gotta tweak the knobs.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

It sounds great, but I agree with Ola in that the price listed is far too high for a 30 watt amp. I'm sure it's an absolutely wonderful amp, but the price point is going to keep a lot of players from getting to play them.

it's on my list to get, but also not because of price... But I guess it's probably worth it...

ME: Hacked tele and RGs
    MA: Freshman
    Rig: Mesa Mk V:25

The huge price reminded me about Jet City at the other end of the scale, they had a little soldano and Martin Kidd input, didn't they?

The Jet City website appears to list everything as legacy products and that they have new stuff coming summer 2020. Too much to hope they are going to make a perfect clone at a fraction of the price.

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Ola Englund View Post
    it's on my list to get, but also not because of price... But I guess it's probably worth it...
    Yeah, when you can get a 6505MH for $300 or the SLO30 for $2700... I'm not sure too many players are going to want to make that $2400 jump, and even less drunken metal fans are going to notice the difference in the two live.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocreep View Post
    The huge price reminded me about Jet City at the other end of the scale, they had a little soldano and Martin Kidd input, didn't they?

The Jet City website appears to list everything as legacy products and that they have new stuff coming summer 2020. Too much to hope they are going to make a perfect clone at a fraction of the price.
    I'd always heard the Jet City's were clones, but was never quite sure. But, here's a 100w Jet City, used, for $450...

And, there's this: SLO MOD PACK tutorial.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ô - Iím not just a member, Iím the President.
    Donít expect much, itís not like Iím a rocket surgeon.