Upgraded my Mark V for the Purest Distillation of My Sound - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgraded my Mark V for the Purest Distillation of My Sound

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Well, in that case you'll need a Cobra badge and a full set of V-TEC stickers...
    Before or after I sloppily spraypaint my brake calipers yellow without masking anything off or removing the pads?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Before or after I sloppily spraypaint my brake calipers yellow without masking anything off or removing the pads?
    In the same jam session. And, don't forget the coffee can exhaust tip.

Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Close, that car still has both headlights, so the owner hasn't swapped one out for an air intake yet. He's not getting max performance out of his base model automatic civic just yet.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

You fool, you've voided the 5 year transferable warranty with your amateurish modification.

You're supposed to send it back to the factory to have the pros do it. Do you really think the company that doesn't make amps with adjustable biasing trusts the end user with a delicate modification like that?

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    You fool, you've voided the 5 year transferable warranty with your amateurish modification.

You're supposed to send it back to the factory to have the pros do it. Do you really think the company that doesn't make amps with adjustable biasing trusts the end user with a delicate modification like that?
    It's not a factory option. Believe me, I've asked.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    It's not a factory option. Believe me, I've asked.
    That's the only kind of companies I deal with, the ones that will let you give them thousands of dollars and then at the last second deny your extremely small request while making it clear that your request is also ridiculous and you have terrible taste.

It's not only Mesa of course. Everytime I buy something in person at a guitar shop above like $1k I will jokingly ask them at the register some shit like, "Hey, that's a pretty big sale, I buy stuff here all the time, you should throw in like, some free picks or a pack of strings or something."

The amount of places that will outright refuse to throw the customer an extremely superficial bone when they are in the process of giving them thousands of dollars is actually amazing. There is nothing I love more than getting to the counter to finish up buying something and cracking a joke about being like, "Hey, I just bought a shit ton of stuff here, I can keep the pick I got from your pick display to demo the thousands of dollars of things I just bought, right? You're going to throw that in for a good customer." and being told no.

If a company doesn't have an incredibly stringent and stupidly restrictive policy about something really superficial, their products aren't worth buying.

Although to Mesa's credit, they did eventually lighten up and list their prices online. Maybe some day they will get around to next level stuff like, "humoring extremely small requests".

I still remember the era of the nonsensical, "Mesa doesn't list their prices".

Kids these days don't even know the luxury they have, of being able to google "Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier" and having the price actually stated on the same page.