NAD JTM 60
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NAD JTM 60

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

NAD JTM 60

I was browsing facebook today killing some time, and I came across a guy selling this JTM 60 that needs repairs. I really like fixing things like this up, and he only wanted $25 for it. I've got a speaker and the tubes, though he sold me a quartet of EL34's to go along with it for $30

I haven't yanked the chassis out yet to see what sort of mess I've gotten myself into, but this should be a cool project. The quick searches I've done so far haven't pulled up a ton of info for them.

Anyway, I'll post pics as I go.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

Sick AF
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Hell yeah, get that thing going.

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

ME: EBMM JP7

Good score for that kind of money! I gigged one of these in 1x12 format with a 1x12 extension cab for all of my rock band years, still have them both and still enjoy the simplicity of going direct in, running on channel 1 with the gain cranked.

Make sure you drain the output caps as soon as you get into the chassis. I've only given myself a shock twice while delving into the guts of valve amps and in both cases they have been JTM 60s. One in the shop I worked in, one in my own amp when going to change the board mounted fuse.

It looks like this one has already been apart before from the missing extension socket and non-original internal speaker socket

https://www.thetubestore.com/lib/the...-Schematic.pdf may be of use if you've not already got a schematic.

Cheers,

Neil

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

Thanks for the link, Neil. Yeah, I have no idea what's been done to it and what hasn't. But worst case for $25 I've got some parts.

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Hey, cool! myt first tube amp was a JTM30 way back in the day. Not a ton of preamp gain (IIRC the 60 has more), but the clean channel was awesome, clear and glassy at low volumes and got a very JTM45 sort of creamy overdrive to it as you cranked it up. Really great sounding channel.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Awesome!

I've always wanted to do something like that, but haven't invested the time yet