Peavey Invective.MH - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Peavey Invective.MH

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    They have 3w mode and it is great, crushing sound at low volume and as for stuff on the back.. Im half blind and have patial paralysis and dont find it hard at all to reach over and flip a switch or turn a knob.

$599 not $699, blue and red channels.... you dont need prictine cleans Bro... your over 40 arnt ya lol?

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...watt-tube-head
    In looking at the two, I just can't see why I'd get a 5150 over the Invective.

Both based on the 5150 platform w/ same pre/power tube sections.

Both capable of incredibly brutal tones

Invective has much better clean channel, which does actually appeal to me simply for contrast from crystal clean to filthy brutality in song writing

Invective has 1/5/20 watt options - which means it can get louder, but also play quieter than the 5150 (don't have first hand evidence of this).

5150 has 4/15 watt options

Invective has separate eq for each channel

5150 has shared eq, so no 'set & forget'

Invective has most controls on front, so 'reach around'... heh

--
    Overall it just seems like you get a lot more bang for your buck for the Invective, all the silly Djent marketing jibber-jabber aside.

What are y'all seeing that I'm not?
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I was about to brand you as a heretic before I realized you were talking about the mini 5150.

If someone doesn't need the midi, gate and all that other shit, a used regular 5150 is definitely the way to go here.

Quote Originally Posted by Svend View Post
    I was about to brand you as a heretic before I realized you were talking about the mini 5150.

If someone doesn't need the midi, gate and all that other shit, a used regular 5150 is definitely the way to go here.
    Ha!

As in, full sized 5150? I'm not trying to blow the drywall out of my house.

And, sent you a PM, BTW...

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R
    Rig: Kemper

I also thought he was talking about a regular 5150 and got excited because I thought I got the power tubes in the Invective wrong and they actually had a 6L6 power section in there. These mini amps with EL84s are what turn me off of them, because I don't like those tubes at all. I'm glad to see a shift away from them in favor of EL34s and 6L6s again.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

I thought all the extra shit in the Invective was unnecessary but at $699 for a mini head it actually makes more sense. It's basically a chug box you can bring to practice, to gigs, whatever without a pedal board for OD and gate. A full sized 5150 for $500 is great and all but cumbersome, and the mini 5150 is nice but having to carry a separate pedalboard half way defeats the purpose.

What I'd be more concerned with is the QC issues they had with the original Invective and the weird wait times with pretty much all Peavey new products over the last 5 years. I'd be worried about ordering one and it never arriving or getting there and breaking in two months and not being able to get it repaired.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    I also thought he was talking about a regular 5150 and got excited because I thought I got the power tubes in the Invective wrong and they actually had a 6L6 power section in there. These mini amps with EL84s are what turn me off of them, because I don't like those tubes at all. I'm glad to see a shift away from them in favor of EL34s and 6L6s again.
    Yep. I put the MT15 up against the Rectoverb 25 and it was no contest. The MT15 was the hands down winner for high gain. Clean though, those EL84s in the RV were pretty great.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    In looking at the two, I just can't see why I'd get a 5150 over the Invective.

Both based on the 5150 platform w/ same pre/power tube sections.

Both capable of incredibly brutal tones

Invective has much better clean channel, which does actually appeal to me simply for contrast from crystal clean to filthy brutality in song writing

Invective has 1/5/20 watt options - which means it can get louder, but also play quieter than the 5150 (don't have first hand evidence of this).

5150 has 4/15 watt options

Invective has separate eq for each channel

5150 has shared eq, so no 'set & forget'

Invective has most controls on front, so 'reach around'... heh

--
    Overall it just seems like you get a lot more bang for your buck for the Invective, all the silly Djent marketing jibber-jabber aside.

What are y'all seeing that I'm not?
    First on 3 1/2 watt mode I can play with a ripping sound you can humm over, there is 0 need for more options. Secondly, I was trying to be nice for the guys that have a 6505MH butt... the LBX shits all over those things, Im sorry.. I said it. Had both side by side and my amp was clearer, more articulate ... about every way that matters besides bells and whistles..it blew the 6505MH away. It does not have reverb, it does not have "pristine" cleans.. it does have way better tone...if that is a checklist item.

Too bad you cant play them first, then my rant would make way more sense.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I thought all the extra shit in the Invective was unnecessary but at $699 for a mini head it actually makes more sense. It's basically a chug box you can bring to practice, to gigs, whatever without a pedal board for OD and gate. A full sized 5150 for $500 is great and all but cumbersome, and the mini 5150 is nice but having to carry a separate pedalboard half way defeats the purpose.

What I'd be more concerned with is the QC issues they had with the original Invective and the weird wait times with pretty much all Peavey new products over the last 5 years. I'd be worried about ordering one and it never arriving or getting there and breaking in two months and not being able to get it repaired.
    That's my thoughts, too. When I just want to plug in and play for a bit, no tweaking, pedal swapping or any of that.

I'll most likely get one through a local store and if it breaks, they just give me another one, or credit towards something else.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post

Too bad you can play them first, then my rant would make way more sense.
    Yeah, the local store I get from carries both, but has neither in stock right now and said getting most anything that's popular during the pandemic has been touch and go. Even the local GC doesn't have a 5150 III in stock and they usually have 'em all as well. The only thing both stores have in spades is a wide variety of Orange amps, and I was given one and can't get rid of it fast enough...