Peavey Invective.MH
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Peavey Invective.MH

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Peavey Invective.MH

I'm totally infatuated with this amp, but keep seeing production has been pushed back multiple times. My local store (where I have some store credit), says they can get one "soon" per their sales rep. while Sweetwater says they can have one for me in September. I'm sure someone here has more insight than I do on what's going on & why these aren't out there already. Either way, what do y'all think of this?

Since I dug my 6505MH, this seems like a no brainer - but I don't know if I can hold out if they keep pushing back production...
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Covid19 is pushing everything back. This year needs a do-over.

ME: Jackson SL3X
    Rig: Blackstar ID TVP 150

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Covid19 is pushing everything back. This year needs a do-over.
    its not 2020, its 2019 2

that head does look sick. I'd love to get my hands on one in person.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Looks like this is $699? If so that's a lot of amp for the money, even if you can get a used real 5150 for less.

The Invective.MH boasts several other very useful MH bells and whistles. The amp is scalable from 20W down to 5W and 1W, and there are a slew of recording options on the rear panel: an MSDI (microphone simulated direct interface) XLR output with a button for speaker enable/defeat, headphone jacks, and a USB jack for direct recording.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

It does have some typical stupid marketing though, on par with the djent shit. The purest distillation.

GATE SWITCH
    This activates the footswitchable preset input gate function when engaged. Rather than being a simple noise
    gate, the intention is that this be used in conjunction with the Lead BOOST (6) to achieve a more “precise” muting characteristic in the highest gain modes while controlling all of that insane tube gain. The combination of this switch setting and the BOOST (6) switch setting will determine what the BST+GATE (26) footswitch jack will toggle on/off when the footswitch is connected. Whichever switches are pushed “in” will also be controllable via the footswitch with a single push of the button.
    Just make it a built in noise gate and call it a day. Don't call it a "gate that makes your palm mutes more precise when you use too much gain". You get precise palm mutes by practicing, not by pushing a button on your amp.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Svend View Post
    Looks like this is $699? If so that's a lot of amp for the money, even if you can get a used real 5150 for less.

Thats a great price! Very tempting

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    This year needs a do-over.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    its not 2020, its 2019 2

that head does look sick. I'd love to get my hands on one in person.
    One of my buddies who's gone through like 5 amps in the 2 years I've known him (6505+, 5150 and a few others) has a full size one and said "finally, I don't feel like I need to sell my amp and get another." That right there was all the sales pitch I needed.

Yeah, definitely get a huge bang for the buck.

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

It does have some typical stupid marketing though, on par with the djent shit. The purest distillation.

Just make it a built in noise gate and call it a day. Don't call it a "gate that makes your palm mutes more precise when you use too much gain". You get precise palm mutes by practicing, not by pushing a button on your amp.
    I mean, you know why the marketing is like that, right?
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion