zakk and chorus - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: zakk and chorus

ME: Jackson KV2's
    Rig: Fractal AX8

In the past year or two, I've been running a chorus for my lead sounds, because of Zakk. Just added a standard analog chorus on the AxeFX and it's pretty cool.
    Heavy metal from Northern Ireland: Stormzone | Fireland

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Very subtle. In the FX loop of your amp. Again, and I cant stress this enough, very subtle. Medium depth settings, slow rate, and like a 25% mix, at most.
    I do no have a loop on my amp....so is it going to be worth getting a chorus pedal to do this since i will have to put it in the front of the amp? also do you have a fav chorus pedal apposed the zakk's?

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

I'd say get the Boss tone studio editor and start playing around.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP E-II V-II
    Rig: Kemper and Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFireland View Post
    In the past year or two, I've been running a chorus for my lead sounds, because of Zakk. Just added a standard analog chorus on the AxeFX and it's pretty cool.
    I do that live. I try to do it on record too but I never think to while mixing. Chorus sounds really good on cleans, pretty good sometimes on leads, and is a no go for rhythms unless you play some glam stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
    I'd say get the Boss tone studio editor and start playing around.
    You know goddamn well he isn't gonna do that.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

I hate to be a dick, but a quick count of your started threads shows you have 16 threads started since you got your Katana. In every single one, whether it's related to OD/Distortion, effects, pedals, etc, the suggestion has been to open up tone studio and play around with the things your amp comes with.

Quick question, have you tried tone studio? Have you tried any of the effects, and if you don't like them, have you tried routing them differently?

If you just don't like the Katana, which I'm sure you would if you spent some time to learn what it can do, you might be better off cutting your losses, and just getting something else.

ME: Charvel Strathead
    Rig: Laney Ironheart

This might seem crazy, but:

Use the chorus in the Katana.

Or you could go to this site and try some of the patches other people have made:

https://guitarpatches.com/patches.php?unit=katana

ME: Jackson Scott Ian V
    MB: LTD AP-204
    Rig: HelixLT/Headrush FRFR112

this is about to become the opposite of "Bugera Infinium Tri Rec 3 Channel 100W Tube Head"

@Jdolecek49 Have you tried the chorus models in "BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA Ver.4.0.0 for Windows" https://www.boss.info/global/support...dates_drivers/

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
    I hate to be a dick, but a quick count of your started threads shows you have 16 threads started since you got your Katana. In every single one, whether it's related to OD/Distortion, effects, pedals, etc, the suggestion has been to open up tone studio and play around with the things your amp comes with.

Quick question, have you tried tone studio? Have you tried any of the effects, and if you don't like them, have you tried routing them differently?

If you just don't like the Katana, which I'm sure you would if you spent some time to learn what it can do, you might be better off cutting your losses, and just getting something else.
    JJ's is pretty spot on. Your Katana does have really, really nice effects within it. It can be daunting to figure out how to program it, but I'm sure once you get the hang of it, you'll be solid. It took me a few weeks of tweaking to get my AxeFx to sound good, and I'm an engineer with a degree in Physics