Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: zakk and chorus

ME: LTD H7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Just Open Tone Studio And Explore

JOTSAE

Or JBA5150APAMXRGEQITL

Everything you've asked for can be done with the Katana without spending another dime, except the looper. Spending all that money on added pedals to do things your amp will already do makes no sense whatsoever.

If you want external stuff, sell the Katana, buy a normal combo and an HX Stomp or Helix GO and you'll end up with WAY more options.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    this is about to become the opposite of "Bugera Infinium Tri Rec 3 Channel 100W Tube Head"

@Jdolecek49 Have you tried the chorus models in "BOSS TONE STUDIO for KATANA Ver.4.0.0 for Windows" https://www.boss.info/global/support...dates_drivers/
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Drucifer
    I normally go in the effects loop as well, but in the case of Zakk, it was in front of the amp.
    He might have been thinking live, since Zakk did the stereo Chorus split to two amps thing for a while.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Alex Lifeson was the king of the chorus effect. He used it on everything from 1978 (shortly after it was invented) until the Vapor Trails album in the 2000s. In a power trio he could get away with that.

Keep in mind that it's a pitch modulation effect. Too much of it and you're essentially not in tune with anything else. Since I'm a Rush fanboy, I used it run it constantly on every guitar track until about a decade ago.

Your sound can get washed out really quickly, even on clean tones. For leads and most cleans, I now prefer delay to thicken things up

ME: Jackson Scott Ian V
    MB: LTD AP-204
    Rig: HelixLT/Headrush FRFR112

this thread made me go check out the chorus models in the hx stomp and I ended up spending an hour with the Double Take modulation. sounded righteous once I backed down the wet signal a good few Db.

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: Jazz
    Rig: ENGL/Fender/Marshall

Just buy all this stuff and your good to go.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

No idea why you're buying a chorus pedal when the Katana already has the chorus effect built into it. Also no idea why you're posting so many threads about stuff that simply reading your Katana user manual could easily answer.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Flexkill View Post
    Just buy all this stuff and your good to go.

That was awesome. His Tinkertrain tone is a little too overdone but he completely nails Miracle Man.