This guy makes me want to buy a bunch of preamps
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This guy makes me want to buy a bunch of preamps

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

This guy makes me want to buy a bunch of preamps

This guy's channel is great. He's got some obnoxiously expensive gear, but he also has some really obscure 80's/90's stuff that I really dig.

Etc... he has tons.

*sigh* time to build a rack...
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Swirley Shirley
    MB: Shine POS
    Rig: SLO & Roadkill 2x12

His channel is great. He did a great demo of the St. Rock react ir too which is insane value for what you get.

Come join the rack team.

Also get a Garland power amp. Hard to beat it value wise.
    Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    https://toboy-diy.blogspot.com//

Also if you want a link slapping on there shoot me a PM

ME: Swirley Shirley
    MB: Shine POS
    Rig: SLO & Roadkill 2x12

Also buy an mp-1

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

This is the same dude that did that awesome Zakk Wylde video.

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

^ Yep that's the one. Which, as it so happens, contains a bunch of awesome rack gear

I like what he says in that last video - Kids these days don't know how easy they've got it with guitar tones. Fire up a plug-in and someone's done the hard work for you. Nothing was more heart-breaking than bringing an amp home and realising how little gain it had, and that you had to buy pedals and EQ's and all sorts of shit to get it to sound anything like your idols

Quote Originally Posted by Toe-Knee View Post
    Also buy an mp-1
    That and a Marshall JMP-1, yes.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    I like what he says in that last video - Kids these days don't know how easy they've got it with guitar tones. Fire up a plug-in and someone's done the hard work for you. Nothing was more heart-breaking than bringing an amp home and realising how little gain it had, and that you had to buy pedals and EQ's and all sorts of shit to get it to sound anything like your idols
    Eh, it's not that cut and dry really. As an old guy, I am required to have nothing but ire for young people so this is hard for me to admit.... But back in the day, I didn't really give a fuck about my recorded tone and neither did any of my musician buddies that we all swapped demo tapes with. Nobody mimed, nobody spent 50 hours editing video for every 50 minutes spent recording... Shit like that.

Nowadays, every single company is targeting kids saying "buy our shit and you will sound just like your idols". Then those same idols, who are already great producers, put out a youtube video saying "all I did was put this into reaper and voila! Buy my plugin pack and you will too!". The bar is so high with these people and it's all so disingenuous. These guys who say "oh I just added a little EQ" either added a fucking TON of EQ or they already have fantastic ears in the first place. If I'm a kid and I save my pennies for a Kemper and a Superior Drummer setup, I'm going to be crushed when I buy my Blub kemper pack and my Blub drum pack and find out that it's not as simple as just playing and hitting record.

I'm a grown man and I overanalyze the shit out of anything I post on here before I share it. I can't imagine how extra stressful that has to be for kids who give a fuck about what their peers think. How do you share your sick new jam that you're super proud of when the guy above you just posted something that sounds like it's straight off of Andy Sneap's desk, with a comment that says "oh I just banged this out in 5 minutes"?

If I had more time I'd start a youtube channel where I just lay down straight unedited tracks with all of these producer presets and show people what they actually sound like if you aren't already a fantastic engineer.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

I love this channel, Ive watched him for a while now.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

To add to Chris' old man rant..... The reasons I gave up doing my project years ago. Everyone is a producer/critic the last 15 or so years, and unless the hand of God deemed it perfection the coments you get are not from music fans they are mostly other bedroom artists saying what they'd do different. Asking for a critique is different than needless feedback. There is no art in that scenario. The old way of the music buisness had lots of drawbacks but the good part of having someone to tell you something sucked was a good thing some times and having the money to get you through a few projects so you could develope. In a bedroom studio there usually isnt there to tell you your super-epic sweepfest grawler opera is kinda shitty.