NCD: Diezel 412 FK +GC fiasco - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: NCD: Diezel 412 FK +GC fiasco

ME: Jackson King V
    MB: WTB BC Rich Warlock
    Rig: Bogner Überschall green

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    My main gigging band is in another country so I have to fly in. I'd used the cab once for a random covers show in the last five years and it was sitting in my small studio being totally in the way. As much as I never thought I would part with it, the time came where I could use the cash to upgrade the gear which I'm using constantly. I will regret it if I ever get back into another 'being obnoxiously loud in a rehearsal room' scenario, but that is extremely unlikely to happen.
    Makes sense to me. I just feel like I'd have a hard time letting go of a piece of gear I'd had that long.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by geoffshreds View Post
    Makes sense to me. I just feel like I'd have a hard time letting go of a piece of gear I'd had that long.
    Yeah, it probably took me about two years to work around to the decision. A few years back I made a conscious decision to not have a 'collection of things I like' but just high quality equipment that suits my needs. The cab money will go towards either custom molded IEM's or a permanent Euro rig so my airport experiences become less stressful.

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by geoffshreds View Post
    cheers to ya sir! As with any piece of gear, if it makes you want to play more then it's worth it.
    I totally agree with this. This was my main justification for the "thing I just bought" (see my thread). It was working as well, I was playing more... until the jack socket connectors went on the Fritz. Now I have to solder! Aaaargh! Soldering is one of the key skills I have not acquired yet....

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I totally agree with this. This was my main justification for the "thing I just bought" (see my thread). It was working as well, I was playing more... until the jack socket connectors went on the Fritz. Now I have to solder! Aaaargh! Soldering is one of the key skills I have not acquired yet....
    Well I looked at the thread, still can't figure out what you need to solder, but I'm assuming a guitar input jack? Soldering can seem a bit daunting at first, but it's easy man and definitely comes in handy. A few minutes watching youtube tutorials should enough info to get the job done, as long as you have the right tools. If you have any old input jacks laying around, just practice soldering and desoldering wire to that before tackling the real problem. In my experience when it comes to guitar electronics, soldering is the easy part, it's understanding the circuitry that requires some brain power.

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Yeah, that's right. It had worked itself loose and the wires snapped. I have a basic iron and solder, and have indeed soldered successfully many, many years ago, but I have to admit I've been super lazy. Until a few years ago, I had the luxury of a next-door neighbour who was a good tech, so he put my new pickups in for me after I botched the installation, and one of my close mates is an ex-pro guitar tech and a colleague at work who has a soldering station in his office, so I could just run to him... Until we all got locked down. Damn virus. Now I'm stuck at home, and even my MTB-fu has deserted me and I couldn't fix a dynamo hub today.

Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure I can manage this. Who knows, maybe I'll even pick up the bottle to put the new pot in one of my RGs that I've had lying around for months...
    Last edited by Dominic; 09-13-2020 at 10:29 PM. Reason: MG.org

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    I botched the installation
    If you enjoy problem solving, that's half the fun. Fucking it up then retracing your steps til you get it right.

I'm sure I can manage this.
    You got this!