NAD! Brutal solid state goodness [vid/clips] - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NAD! Brutal solid state goodness [vid/clips]

ME: Les Paul
    MB: Precision
    Rig: Sunn/Hiwatt

Love the sound of this amp, I keep being really surprised by these Randalls you pick up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Charvel So Cal
    Rig: Triple Rec

They're great recording/jamming at home amps, for sure. They definitely don't have the power to keep up with a full band though IMO. I mean, you'll be heard for sure, but it'll be nearly maxed out, and I'm not sure the right frequencies are there to cut through.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    You should convert it to a rackmount preamp, and load it up next to a tube power amp
    I've been looking into this for a whole bunch of great solid state designs actually - The classic Dime Randalls used on the early albums (RG100ES and Century 200), but mainly for the Marshall 8100. It's such a ridiculously aggressive amp, just with a shitty weak PA. One came through my workshop recently for repair (well, the combo version, but I did used to own the head version) and I ran the fx loop out into my Recto PA, and holy shit man, hoe-lee-shit It was just the most death metal thing you've ever heard.

So yeah, just gotta iron out a few details, like how to power the damn things (because the PT voltage will have to be less massive than the full-size head since no PA section) then I'll get to makin'!
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

I think that's the amp I convinced my mother to buy my brother, or at least the same family (R-something combo). It was veil of maya in a box (pre djent blow-up) which is what he was into. It did modern metal well and on a budget .

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez JEM7V/SZ
    MA: Breedlove
    MB: Warwick
    Rig: Axe-FX III

Dude, I'm pretty sure you just found some un-released Pantera song and mimed along to it.

Fuckin' hell....
    Perfection is the enemy of progress.

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

That was great! I even like the "quack", it got me wondering what that amp would sound on similar high gain with single coils...

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    I've been looking into this for a whole bunch of great solid state designs actually - The classic Dime Randalls used on the early albums (RG100ES and Century 200), but mainly for the Marshall 8100. It's such a ridiculously aggressive amp, just with a shitty weak PA. One came through my workshop recently for repair (well, the combo version, but I did used to own the head version) and I ran the fx loop out into my Recto PA, and holy shit man, hoe-lee-shit It was just the most death metal thing you've ever heard.

So yeah, just gotta iron out a few details, like how to power the damn things (because the PT voltage will have to be less massive than the full-size head since no PA section) then I'll get to makin'!
    Holy shit are you serious?! Gonna make some 110V versions?

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

I'm currently pondering the Synergy/MTS route so I've been looking at the old Randall Modular stuff. They used to do a four module rack which I'm keeping an eye out for.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    I'm currently pondering the Synergy/MTS route so I've been looking at the old Randall Modular stuff. They used to do a four module rack which I'm keeping an eye out for.
    I just saw this Egnater one yesterday...

https://reverb.com/item/33600702-egn...p-2010-s-black

I'm not sure if it fits the other modules, but I'm willing to wager they might, as Egnater worked at Randall (and designed the RT2/50).