NAD! Brutal solid state goodness [vid/clips] - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NAD! Brutal solid state goodness [vid/clips]

ME: Kramer Baretta
    MA: PRS Angelus Alex Lifeson

Congrats!!!!! That sounds like a really nice amp. I couldn't believe how cheap you can get a half stack with that head. Here are 2 listings near(ish) to NYC

https://albany.craigslist.org/msg/d/...176674125.html

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...183548655.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    I'm currently pondering the Synergy/MTS route so I've been looking at the old Randall Modular stuff. They used to do a four module rack which I'm keeping an eye out for.
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but the Synergy is amazing. I have the SYN1 with some of my old Randall modules as well as 3 Synergy modules. Fantastic little box.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Amazing tone and really gnarly riffs (in the best meaning possible). Some pretty sweet leads and pinch harmonics too. The clean channel sounds decent, though if you're getting one of those, you're probably going for GAIN.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: Jazz
    Rig: ENGL/Fender/Marshall

Is that the model from the early 90's? I never owned one but a friend of mine in a band in NOLA had one in the early 90's and it sounded fucking great.

I think I remember Crowbar used them in the early 90's as well.
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Quote Originally Posted by Flexkill View Post
    Is that the model from the early 90's? I never owned one but a friend of mine in a band in NOLA had one in the early 90's and it sounded fucking great.

I think I remember Crowbar used them in the early 90's as well.
    That was the RG-ES or Century. This is from the early-mid 2000s.

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I just saw this Egnater one yesterday...

https://reverb.com/item/33600702-egn...p-2010-s-black

I'm not sure if it fits the other modules, but I'm willing to wager they might, as Egnater worked at Randall (and designed the RT2/50).
    Looks exactly the same as the Randall, could be that he was just licencing maybe. Pretty cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by lespauled View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but the Synergy is amazing. I have the SYN1 with some of my old Randall modules as well as 3 Synergy modules. Fantastic little box.
    7DT has been raving about them to me for ages. I totally don't need one, but I'm on a JCM800 kick at the moment and the idea of having something vaguely authentic is quite appealing.

ME: SIggery Heresy,
    MA: Some old washburn
    MB: some Vintage bass
    Rig: Mark IV, axe fx std

Yeah the Randall modules were originally egnater designed and licenced out to Randall so I assume they were more or less the same tech under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by Lozek View Post
    7DT has been raving about them to me for ages. I totally don't need one, but I'm on a JCM800 kick at the moment and the idea of having something vaguely authentic is quite appealing.
    Just to stir the pot further, I have the 800 module, and I invited a friend over that only plays JCM800 amps. He played it, looked at me in amazement and said "That's an 800." Food for thought.