JHS 3 Series
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JHS 3 Series

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

JHS 3 Series

I have been wanting to get a fuzz pedal. At $99 this seems like a good sounding pedal. Is there a better alternative at the same price point?

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

I love the ultra generic look of these.

ME: Kramer Baretta
    MA: PRS Angelus Alex Lifeson

A flashback to my childhood

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

These don't sound too shabby. I wish the delay had a tap tempo but it seems to work ok without it .
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

In all honesty I would skip them.

Purely because JHS's regular line is worth what they go for. I have a couple of their $200 pedals and some of the utility boxes like the splitter and buffer. All worth the money.

These probably rule, but I would rather pay more and get the full thing. It's not like $200 is that expensive for a pedal anymore anyways. That's the going rate for a serious stompbox these days. That's not even considered boutique anymore. There are still some "pro" pedals in the $70-100 range, but the standard for "mid level" pedals has been $100-200 for fucking ever now.

These also excise features from the "full" models. I would be kind of interested in the chorus if I didn't have one already, but the JHS Emperor Chorus I already have has more features.

The pedals probably rule though. JHS makes good shit, and the dude who runs the company is awesome. I think this is a great buy for the audience he is trying to cater to. He's pretty open about that. If you are just out of high school, yeah, the $70-100 pedals are for you.

Anyone here though, I would just pay a bit more for the full thing.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by lespauled View Post
    A flashback to my childhood

Spot on.

ME: B.C Rich Bich St

Not the same price point because its cheaper but the behringer super fuzz is worth getting if your after a fuzz.

ME: Gibson SG
    Rig: Pedals -> Dark Terror

I really like this idea - most manufacturers seem to be more focused on features (like a professional-spec guitar that's made in China). I like how this should get you the same overall quality as the other JHS pedals, and the features are where he saves money.

I've been after a compressor, so I can see myself picking this up as my next pedal. I'd like to hear the distortion some more, too. It seems like it could be sort of a DS-1/Rat hybrid, which would be right up my alley.