NAD: Total overkill - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NAD: Total overkill

ME: Charvel San Dimas
    MB: Charvel 3b
    Rig: Marshall JVM210H (modded)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Simply awesome amp!! I used that exact same model for years. Throw a Maxon 808 or a Grid Slammer in front for exactly what that amp needs. If I'm seeing it correctly, it's the same model triple I had, and if you search this forum there's an old thread of mine for modding the FX loop to serial if you want it to play nice with digital effects.
    Am I right in thinking that mod makes the Output and Solo functions no longer work?
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Warmoth Strat
    Rig: Triple Rectifier

Just bought the TS9 so looking forward to trying that out when I get home. Win.

ME: Charvel San Dimas
    MB: Charvel 3b
    Rig: Marshall JVM210H (modded)

Quote Originally Posted by maliciousteve View Post
    Just bought the TS9 so looking forward to trying that out when I get home. Win.
    A good start. Zero drive, level on full, tone about 1 o clock. That into a recto is an unbeatable combo.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    Am I right in thinking that mod makes the Output and Solo functions no longer work?
    No they still work fine. The mix knob on the back is removed from the circuit, that's all. You'll notice a difference as even the 100% mix position of the mix knob is not really series, it's still parallel. It's well-worth the effort to do the mod if you're decent with a soldering iron and just stay away from the blue capacitors.

One last note, you will always have to have at least a cable in the loop. After you do the mod, having something in the loop connecting the send to the return will be mandatory or you will not get sound. When I sold my triple, I sold it with a cable in the loop and advertised it was a modded loop so the buyer knew what to do with it when he got it.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

I always liked my Klon-style overdrive in front of my Roadking. It doesn't "tighten" or cut the low end at all, and the Drive knob is actually usable, adding in that compression that the Recto's don't have.

ME: Custom Tele
    MA: Guild GAD F150
    MB: Fender Jazz Bass 24 V
    Rig: Jet City JCA-22H

I love my Klone as well. I dont play nearly as heavy as anyone here but it is always on for me. I play a range of guitars and it works for me for Humbuckers/P90's/Singles.

ME: Warmoth Strat
    Rig: Triple Rectifier

Any tips for a lead tone? I'm finding that I love the "hugeness" of the rectifier but I seem to prefer the Mark IV for leads and clarity on heavily distorted tones. I was planning on selling the Mark IV but I'm not sure if I should maybe just stick with the Mark IV and sell the Triple Rec. Or be irresponsible and keep both...

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

I use the orange channel on modern with the mid cranked, bass at about 9PM, treble all the way down, and presence to taste. Gain a bit higher than normal because having the treble off really backs off the gain.

Edit: Note that this sounds better the louder you play.