NGD for the rack. It is finished.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD for the rack. It is finished.

ME: Charvel San Dimas
    MB: Charvel 3b
    Rig: Marshall JVM210H (modded)

NGD for the rack. It is finished.

Picked up this Rocktron Velocity 300 for absolute peanuts, because the guy said one side of it didn't work. I figured since I'm getting more into electronics and amp repair I'll probably be able to see what's what and get it up and running again without too much cost.

It was a fuse

Obviously been turned on at some point without a load and it just went. It's fully working and actually sounds pretty great. For a SS amp I'm very impressed. It's also perfectly loud enough to gig with.

In fact, that's the only real purpose of the two bottom units - the Marshall JMP-1 and the V-300. They're for a) dicking around with at home, recording etc, and b) as a backup amplifier to my JVM, should it go sideways playing live.

The GSP1101 is purely for FX and (in conjunction with the Control 2 floorboard) for channel switching (since the JVM is MIDI capable), but I've just updated it today with the C63 firmware, which allows the loading of third party IR's, as well as a ton of new amp models, so I was dicking around with that in conjunction with the Rocktron too, and got some great tones. So really, I could use the GSP or the JMP-1 as a back-up/alternative amp live.

JMP-1 into the Rocktron is absolutely my recorded lead tone though. So 90's.
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Oh aye get that carcass style clip up here to show the glory

ME: SIggery Heresy,
    MA: Some old washburn
    MB: some Vintage bass
    Rig: Mark IV, axe fx std

Great score on the rocktron! The amp models in the gsp are not the greatest, but very usable. It's making me gas for one again how are you finding the fx so far? I really liked the mod delay for an 80s 2290 style delay.
    I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Hell yeah man. I have JMP-1 GAS as well and am on the lookout for a good deal on one.

Clips!

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

The JVM has MIDI? You're not helping the GAS

ME: Charvel San Dimas
    MB: Charvel 3b
    Rig: Marshall JVM210H (modded)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Oh aye get that carcass style clip up here to show the glory
    Yeah man I'll chuck some drums and bass on it then get it up

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Commander View Post
    Great score on the rocktron! The amp models in the gsp are not the greatest, but very usable. It's making me gas for one again �� how are you finding the fx so far? I really liked the mod delay for an 80s 2290 style delay.
    I still haven't played with it yet, or hooked it up 4CM yet. I'm in a unique position at the moment where I've bought loads of gear, but have played with barely any of it since getting it as I just don't have the time now that work's ramped up again! Just enough time to fire it up and check it works, strum a few chords then go to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Hell yeah man. I have JMP-1 GAS as well and am on the lookout for a good deal on one.

Clips!
    They're fun for sure, very simple ("limited" maybe) but they have *that* tone. As with anything, the power amp makes or breaks it. The direct tone is so/so, it definitely needs a power amp to give it some juice otherwise it very much feels like a pedal or something. I was throwing it into my JVM for the full Marshall effect, but since I've modified that it sounds more in the Mesa direction, so I think the Rocktron is a better partner to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
    The JVM has MIDI? You're not helping the GAS
    Yeah man, it's a really well thought-out amp. Do it!! I feel like it needs more love, it's kinda been largely ignored since its release, with folk reaching for EVH or Mesa for rock and metal. But I honestly can't express enough how sick it is, especially with a few easy mods.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    They're fun for sure, very simple ("limited" maybe) but they have *that* tone. As with anything, the power amp makes or breaks it. The direct tone is so/so, it definitely needs a power amp to give it some juice otherwise it very much feels like a pedal or something. I was throwing it into my JVM for the full Marshall effect, but since I've modified that it sounds more in the Mesa direction, so I think the Rocktron is a better partner to it.
    Same as the Triaxis, which is decent but way too fiddly to be a daily drive on its own, but fuckin' slays with the 2/90. My plan is JMP and a 100/100, but I'm moving in 2 weeks and hemorrhaging money on all that associated shit right now. I think Santa's going to end up bringing me one.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Madman.