behringer pedals - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: behringer pedals

ME: Ibanez JIVA10

For several months last year, I had a Behringer PB600 pedalboard and seven Behringer pedals: VD400 Vintage Delay; NR300 Noise Reducer; UM300 Ultra Metal; UC200 Ultra Chorus; CL9 Compressor/Limiter; EQ700 Graphic Equalizer;and FX600 Digital Multi-FX. I liked the sounds of all the pedals. I used them at home, so I cannot comment about their ruggedness. I sold them, because I realized, yet again, that I am not a pedal person. I have been playing the electric guitar since 1976. Every ten years or so, I have bought a few pedals, played them for a few months and then sold them. I am 73 now. I think this was my last time trying out pedals.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: LTD EC 1000
    Rig: EVH 5150 III EL34 50watt

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Terry View Post
    For several months last year, I had a Behringer PB600 pedalboard and seven Behringer pedals: VD400 Vintage Delay; NR300 Noise Reducer; UM300 Ultra Metal; UC200 Ultra Chorus; CL9 Compressor/Limiter; EQ700 Graphic Equalizer;and FX600 Digital Multi-FX. I liked the sounds of all the pedals. I used them at home, so I cannot comment about their ruggedness. I sold them, because I realized, yet again, that I am not a pedal person. I have been playing the electric guitar since 1976. Every ten years or so, I have bought a few pedals, played them for a few months and then sold them. I am 73 now. I think this was my last time trying out pedals.

You're 73 and on a "metal guitar" forum? I salute you sir.

That is indeed METAL AF!!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: KxK BSG7
    Rig: VHT GP3>Axe FX>VHT 2/90/2

I actually thought this thread was spam based on that URL

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by WombCannon View Post
    You're 73 and on a "metal guitar" forum? I salute you sir.
    Damn right, that's awesome.

ME: Drew's Warmoth
    MA: Martin
    Rig: 6505+

Quote Originally Posted by WombCannon View Post
    I wouldnt bother with those for the fact of the plastic housing. Some people claim they hold up but I wouldnt trust them. These days, there are plenty of better pedals on the cheap. There is the "counterfeit" chinese stuff that goes by multiple names or even the joyo stuff. In terms of a boss ns-2 clone, I hated the ns-2 and got rid of it years ago so I wouldnt touch a clone of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Rowin-Guitar-...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

https://www.amazon.com/JF-01-Vintage...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    I bought the Rowin noise gate. Out of the box it did not work. I repair electronics and know a thing or two, so I tried to swap the positive and negative on the dc input, just incase they wired it to the wrong polarity. Then Contacted the ebay seller, they tried to offer me ten dollars to take it to a tech to try to fix it. I just wanted them to send me another one, and a return label for the defective one. When I plugged it in all my other pedals would shut off. They even had me make a youtube video to share with them the defect. I was like OK.. ill publicy shame you. So after the video they refunded my money, told me to keep the defective pedal, never offered me a new one. I mean the videos of I seen of them working seems like its decent but Id save my money.

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Terry View Post
    Awesome man!

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

It's been over a decade since I bought anything by Behringer, but their stuff can be hit and miss. Some of it sounds just as good as the industry standard but is in a low-quality, cheap housing that is bound to break if you aren't careful, while others sound subpar. I think of all the Behringer stuff I've owned, the best was their copy of the SM58. It was way cheaper than the original (which I later bought), but was pretty similar in quality. I've never tried their noise gate, but I have tried their OD pedals before, and they aren't bad sound-wise. The biggest issues mainly come down to the materials used.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    There is no limit to the amount of money that Leon will spend on amps and gear. However his guitar budget is like $200. He's the weirdest cork sniffer ever.
    I've oftentimes felt the same way. Leon's an awesome guy, but his trend of spending almost nothing on a guitar and thousands on an amp never really made any sense to me. But to each his own! No offense, Leon! It's probably more common for someone to spend thousands on a guitar and very little on an amp, but that arguably makes less sense (since you'll have a great playing instrument going through a not so great sounding amp).