behringer pedals - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: behringer pedals

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Ah you have a demon. I bought one of those on a whim when I was going through overdrive pedals like crazy a couple years ago. It sounds great and does the job in a metal housing for only about $30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by WombCannon View Post
    Is this the face you make when you look at that pedal?

Pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    There is no limit to the amount of money that Leon will spend on amps and gear. However his guitar budget is like $200. He's the weirdest cork sniffer ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    I've oftentimes felt the same way. Leon's an awesome guy, but his trend of spending almost nothing on a guitar and thousands on an amp never really made any sense to me. But to each his own! No offense, Leon! It's probably more common for someone to spend thousands on a guitar and very little on an amp, but that arguably makes less sense (since you'll have a great playing instrument going through a not so great sounding amp).

I think it comes down to the way I started out, poor as dirt playing just one guitar through one amp for 8 years. I learned quickly how to make that low quality guitar not only sound pretty good, but play beyond its price point. I've always been able to get a ton of mileage out of not-much guitar, which made it easier to spend that money elsewhere on amps and such

Fast forward to now, I've got 3 Warmoths behind me, each ran about $1k to piece together, and two guitars that literally cost me $200 that each have another $200 in aftermarket pickups/parts in them

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Case in point

behringer pedals-img_6712-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails behringer pedals-img_6712-jpg  

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Drew's Warmoth
    MA: Martin
    Rig: 6505+

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Ah you have a demon. I bought one of those on a whim when I was going through overdrive pedals like crazy a couple years ago. It sounds great and does the job in a metal housing for only about $30.
    Demon is still working but I have since upgraded to a Earthquaker devices Plumes OD, that was gifted to me.

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Damn right, that's awesome.

Yes, yes it is!

As for Behringer, I just saw the JHS bloke's video on their pedals (which I thought was great) and might grab a couple more.

At the moment, I have the yellow Behringer EQ, which the missus literally found thrown out on the street (presumably by a neighbour) around the corner from our house. I used it to good effect when I took my old green/blue-stripe Peavey Bandit to an audition just after lockdown here, making it sound even better by boosting it slightly with a DOD Grunge pedal I once bought for about €5. Cheap, shitty gear with terrible rep = great sound.