NPD: Fender Full Moon Distortion... good for black metal?

Thread: NPD: Fender Full Moon Distortion... good for black metal?

NPD: Fender Full Moon Distortion... good for black metal?

Okay, so today I went out and picked up a Fender Full Moon distortion pedal to use on the clean channel of my 6505+. Now, why would I use a distortion pedal with an amazing amp such as the 6505+? Simple. The 6505+, to my ears at least, doesn't get as buzzy or as nasty as I'd like for old school black metal. This pedal does it very easily, especially with the hi-treble maxed. Overall, for that sound, I'd say I'm VERY pleased with it as I now have two killer OD channels and a usable clean tone from the 6505+, but also a very nasty channel for my clean when I feel like unleashing the hatred. This thing does lo-fi VERY well and I've got it set for an early 90's sound from that era. I do apologize for being unable to post clips as I don't have a mic, but take my word on this that this thing does black metal VERY well. I've got all my bases covered now it seems, as I have that, a TC Electronics Eyemaster (which I'm going to be pairing later ) and the gain of the 6505+.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Gibson Flying V
    Rig: Marshall JVM

I bought an Eyemaster, had it for about a day or two.....returned it quick.Could not get a usable sound out of it, playing it through a clean amp.....I do have an original HM-2, so I'll just stick with that.... as far as the Full Moon goes, I'll have to YT it & see how it sounds.Are there any demos of it doing like you're describing, playing lo-fi old school Black Metal? I dig those tones too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stitsel View Post
    I bought an Eyemaster, had it for about a day or two.....returned it quick.Could not get a usable sound out of it, playing it through a clean amp.....I do have an original HM-2, so I'll just stick with that.... as far as the Full Moon goes, I'll have to YT it & see how it sounds.Are there any demos of it doing like you're describing, playing lo-fi old school Black Metal? I dig those tones too.....
    Honestly, I couldn't say. I didn't do any research on this pedal before I bought it. I went to the store today to get some credit for my Boss Katana, and it was there and I'd been wanting to try a distortion pedal for some time and once I dialed in what I wanted to hear, it was all I could do to get it out of the store and home as quick as I could. I put mine through the clean channel with the boost on the pedal all the way on and the gain all the way up, and EQ my amp and pedal accordingly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Stitsel View Post
    You bought an HM2 clone and expected it to be usable?
    "I'm really not going to change to something else just because SSD4 fucks with my ass right now."

- Rocka_Rollas

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

I tried one and it wasn't too bad - Instant Carcass tone into a dirty/crunch marshall but it was a bit too bright. Price is right also. (Eyemaster have not tried Full moon yet...)
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

You may be actually looking for a treble booster circuit.