New Rig Day - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Rig Day

Fwiw, I got the idea because my brother in law has been using the Kemper Stage with a paid of Powercabs for a while and I was super impressed.

The way I'm workflowing the IRs is that I leave it in FRFR mode when I'm cycling presets to see if there's an amp I like, if I find one, I defeat the cab sim in the FM3 and scroll through the speaker presets on the cab until I find something appropriate. The IRs definitely sound mushy when you A/B them.
    Argbadh - RHLC©

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Tried out the [email protected] runner lite preset. Actually surprised it only maxed at about 77% processing usage.

ME: Gibson Flying V
    Rig: Marshall JVM

I know this is a stupid question maybe, but looking at this rig, physically....are you able to stack these two cabs neatly....? They look like they angle back slightly from the front, so is the top able to have another stacked on top of it solidly? I can see the pic; but when I look up the product, it just looks like they have a slight angle, as if you were trying to stack two Marshall 1960A cabs together or something ....I just ask 'cuz I'd like to maybe get a cool looking rig going like that myself

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

I know this is a stupid question maybe, but looking at this rig, physically....are you able to stack these two cabs neatly....? They look like they angle back slightly from the front, so is the top able to have another stacked on top of it solidly? I can see the pic; but when I look up the product, it just looks like the have a slight angle, as if you were trying to stack two Marshall 1960A cabs together or something ....I just ask 'cuz I'd like to maybe get a cool looking rig going like that myself

Top and bottom are square/parallel. The face has a subtle angle, maybe 1 to 3 degrees max but the the tops themselves are level so there's no inclination for the top cab to want to slide or anything like that.

The stack is mostly because I like it aesthetically and it's easier to picture that way but the more practical usage is with the two cabs spread out left and right to get the best use of the stereo effect. A lot of guys use them that way with the kickstand when they're using them at a desk.

Here's another guy using it as a stack. That's actually where I got the idea from. The top of the cab is smaller than the bottom but it's still big enough for all four rubber feet to fit on it.

First, sorry for the double post up above....not sure how that happened...?! Thanks for the answer too, I also think the mini stack idea looks cool & I'm trying to figure out just what processor I want, and what brand of FRFR speakers to get too....Headrush...Kemper...Line 6...Fractal....... hmmm
    Those Line 6 Powercabs do look pretty nifty, I assume they have tons of headroom? I will figure it out & have flexible system soon, hopefully.Thanks again for the info.

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Powercab is 126db i believe, maybe 124db. The kickback legs mean there shouldnt be issues being heard.