NAD: Mesa Badlander - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: NAD: Mesa Badlander

ME: ESP E-II V-II
    Rig: Kemper and Marshall

i mean, is it rocket science? it's $4800 and doesn't have the features or sound of a $4800 amp (I'm not sure what amp DOES have the sound and features of a $4800 amp though). if i bought an E-II guitar for $4000 it'd be preposterous. they're great guitars, but for that much money it'd be dumb to buy one. I love Engl but they're also stupid overpriced in the US, and it's just not worth spending the money.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    i mean, is it rocket science? it's $4800 and doesn't have the features or sound of a $4800 amp (I'm not sure what amp DOES have the sound and features of a $4800 amp though). if i bought an E-II guitar for $4000 it'd be preposterous. they're great guitars, but for that much money it'd be dumb to buy one. I love Engl but they're also stupid overpriced in the US, and it's just not worth spending the money.
    The VHX actually does have a ton of features in it, more so than any other amp. And yeah, the import factor weighs into it. It just doesn’t sound very good. No idea about the D-Moll, Paul, Herbert or any other Diezel; just the VHX. Just putting that disclaimer in there, so doesn’t get upset.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    The VHX actually does have a ton of features in it, more so than any other amp. And yeah, the import factor weighs into it. It just doesn’t sound very good. No idea about the D-Moll, Paul, Herbert or any other Diezel; just the VHX. Just putting that disclaimer in there, so [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/images/smilies/apcunt.gif[/IMG] doesn’t get upset.
    I have 2 diezels, dmoll and hagen and they are every bit as good as my dual rec sound wise, far superior in terms of features, just tonally different. No idea about the vhx but as my friend owns a herbert mkiii I gave played most diezels and would be surprised if the vhx was indeed average. Probably just not to your tastes.

Price wise diezels were actually cheaper here than mesa till not that long ago now its pretty even in the uk.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have 2 diezels, dmoll and hagen and they are every bit as good as my dual rec sound wise, far superior in terms of features, just tonally different. No idea about the vhx but as my friend owns a herbert mkiii I gave played most diezels and would be surprised if the vhx was indeed average. Probably just not to your tastes.

Price wise diezels were actually cheaper here than mesa till not that long ago now its pretty even in the uk.
    I believe it. The VHX is either an outlier or so far away from what I like that I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    yes it does, without a doubt. That’s why I give zero fucks about selling my ROV25.
    Thanks for the reply!
    Last edited by tonypepperoni; 01-17-2021 at 01:41 PM.

One of the selling points of this thing is that it's TIGHT. I wonder whether it's not "too" tight, though, to the point where it's a one-trick pony only good for palm-muted chugs and djents?

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Jeff only plays Foghat covers so if he likes it chances are it's not too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Jeff only plays Foghat covers so if he likes it chances are it's not too tight.
    Correct! Whilst it’s the tightest Foghat gain I’ve ever heard, it’s still not over the top at all.

FYI, I only use clean and crunch; crush is too much gain for me.