NAD: Mesa Badlander - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NAD: Mesa Badlander

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    First thing I did was max out the gain on crush mode, and while the amp is tighter than a standard dual rec, it's Pull Me Under territory for the heaviest sound on the amp.
    Wait, I'm confused - are you saying that's not ENOUGH gain?

I'll confess, I'm still pretty disinterested in this amp. Doesn't sound that different from a Dual with ELs from the videos Ive seen, no solo boost, and it's voiced more towards traditional dual territory, not the smooth lead sound I like from Mesas. That said, the reason Mesa has a multi-line lineup is because it's NOT supposed to be the end-all-be-all amp for all players, and I'm sure there's a lot of guys out there who are looking at the spec sheet and are stoked. Which is cool.
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Posted this over in the SAW thread as well. I was inspired and recorded this over the last 24 hours.

The video is meh, music is

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

That sounds great! Nice track and playing, too. Seems like enough gain, to me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    That sounds great! Nice track and playing, too. Seems like enough gain, to me.
    Thanks man!. To be fair, I am running a boost out in front. The amp has a nice amount of gain, I just prefer the sound of a boost out front of almost any amp.

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Sounds pretty good. Is it the Grid Slammer you got in front there? I especially love the lead tone near the end there. Classic Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by Naren View Post
    Sounds pretty good. Is it the Grid Slammer you got in front there? I especially love the lead tone near the end there. Classic Vince.
    Hey I'm just glad you listened long enough to know there's a lead guitar part

Thanks man, yeah I went down the overdrive rabbit hole a few years ago. Started with a BB preamp, and about 15 overdrives later the one that stuck with me the longest has been the Grid Slammer. It's nearly identical to a Maxon 808, it just lets a bit more bass through. The Petrucci wah also boosts the signal when it's engaged as well, so you're hearing that on the lead track there too.

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I own half a dozen ODs now too, it's a sickness.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Be interesting to see how these compare to a rivera knucklehead which are also high gain el34 beasts. I almost bought one recently and from the limited clips the guy sent over I think these might be pretty similar