Thread: NAD: Mesa Badlander

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

NAD: Mesa Badlander

NAD: Mesa Badlander-20201205_123817-jpg

NAD: Mesa Badlander-20201205_130028-jpg

NAD: Mesa Badlander-20201205_130039-jpg

Well we all knew that was coming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NAD: Mesa Badlander-20201205_123817-jpg   NAD: Mesa Badlander-20201205_130028-jpg   NAD: Mesa Badlander-20201205_130039-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: RG560
    Rig: DV Mark/Orange

What do you think of it so far? Looks phenomenal.

Just playing it for the first time so take anything I say this early with a grain of salt. But it sounds like an amp you really can't get a bad sound out of. If you were ever a kid in the 90s that was underwhelmed the first time plugging into a dual rec in a guitar store because you didn't know what you were doing with it, this is the anti-thesis of that. It's instantly accessible, like an EVH amp, and every position on the knobs sounds good.

First thing I did was max out the gain on crush mode, and while the amp is tighter than a standard dual rec, it's Pull Me Under territory for the heaviest sound on the amp. Having said that, running an OD in front, this thing rips. Riiiiiiips. I need to run it through it's paces for sure, but I'm finding very good, very usable sounds very quickly. It's also super nice that Clean and Pushed are now on the same knob and not a switch. The gain on the clean channel, once it passes about noon or 1 o'clock really kicks in nicely.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Also for the first time ever on a Mesa amp, the knobs do what they say. Bass is bass, mid is mid, treble is not gain. So that's nice.

ME: SIggery Heresy,
    MA: Some old washburn
    MB: some Vintage bass
    Rig: Mark IV, axe fx std

I DOEN A BAD MURDA.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Also for the first time ever on a Mesa amp, the knobs do what they say. Bass is bass, mid is mid, treble is not gain. So that's nice.
    So, they moved the tone-stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    So, they moved the tone-stack?
    Maybe, I'm not knowledgeable enough to say. The controls work the same as on an EVH, if that makes sense.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Excellent news, mesa amps have wrecked me in terms of setting up other amps, I've gone from owning 2 mesas to 2 diezels and an engl whilst retaining the dual rec. Literally anything you know about amp settings can get thrown in the fucking bin when you are dealing with other amp brands. I think the dual rec is one of the best metal amps that exists but mesas tonestack setup is fucking stupid.