Rig: BIAS FX

Or a Mijent box.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    Did I actually call it that, btw? The only references to that phrase I can find are from you paraphrasing me.
    It's a "Beam me up Scotty" or "HONEY, I'MMMMMMMMMMM HOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE" kind of thing. Where the line/catchphrase someone is most known for saying is actually something they never said, and is usually either something they straight up never said, or more commonly a sort of mash up combination of other things they said at wildly different points in time. In spite of the fact they never actually said it, it's universally regarded as their catchphrase.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm getting tired of this 2x EL-84 power section that everyone's using, though. They seem to all have this pokey upper mid thing that's hard to dial out. I wish more companies would use 6V6 power sections.
    This. I far prefer the sound of 6V6s.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Charvel San Dimas
    MB: Charvel 3b
    Rig: Marshall JVM210H (modded)

God I fucking hate how literally every single modern guitarist cranks the mids on their amps
    Somewhere along the way in the last few years this misconceived notion happened where some bright spark thought "guitars are a midrange instrument... so they need more mids!" then everyone kinda went "hey... that guy's right, if it's a midrange instrument then maybe more mids is the way to mid your mids and then mids anD MORE MIDS AND THEN FUCKING LOADS OF MIDS AND THEN I'LL TURN THE BASS AND TREBLE DOWN AND JUST HAVE NOTHING BUT FUCKING MIDS"
    www.numbskullaudio.com
    Recording. Mixing. Mastering. Editing. Re-Amping.

www.stivesguitarservices.com
    Set-ups. Maintenance. Restoration. Repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    If so, this might be just what I need for my home rig.

I'm getting tired of this 2x EL-84 power section that everyone's using, though. They seem to all have this pokey upper mid thing that's hard to dial out. I wish more companies would use 6V6 power sections.
    I'm just tired of 20-25w amps in general. While a Mesa 25w hangs with a drummer, there's not really enough clean headroom left, and even the gain starts to sound like I do running a 5K.

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

I do like how this , and many new amps, are able to put so much stuff that make it handy for direct recording. This, the new Mesa, many amps are friendly that way.

Video sounds ferocious to me too. I'd like to try one. I dont expect the earth to shatter but something tells me Id like it more than the idea of it. Trying not to be such a old fart that I H8 on something Ive never tried.
    I have the power to make my evil take its course....

Quote Originally Posted by Mattayus View Post
    FUCKING MIDS"
    That's djent, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    I do like how this , and many new amps, are able to put so much stuff that make it handy for direct recording. This, the new Mesa, many amps are friendly that way.
    I'll be the old fart for you then. I think direct recording is dumb because it defeats the purpose of using a tube amp over modeler anyway. If you're using a tube amp to record, you better by micing a 412, otherwise you're still just bottlenecking it through digital processing.

Get off my lawn!
    Argbadh - RHLC©

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    That's djent, basically.

I'll be the old fart for you then. I think direct recording is dumb because it defeats the purpose of using a tube amp over modeler anyway. If you're using a tube amp to record, you better by micing a 412, otherwise you're still just bottlenecking it through digital processing.

Get off my lawn!
    I'll disagree with that. I prefer running a tube amp into a Captor X moreso than any modeler I've played. It all comes down to where you choose to draw the line as to when it's converted, because ultimately we're all going into a digital box anyway. However, I will agree that miking will almost always sound better.