Unpopular opinion time - Page 3
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinion time

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    - Modeler haters don't understand modelers. If you get 5 great sounding amp models that you like out of your Kemper it's done the job. It may have 300 models in it but you don't have to give a shit about every single one of them.

- EL84s have their place. My Mesa 20/20 sounds awesome with them, though I do wonder why the fan in it is 4x as loud as my 2:90...

- IRs are better than mic'd cabs because most people don't have the skill and/or take the time to mic their cab properly. It's not fucking rocket science, it's just capturing sound. There's no difference between an impulse and your SM57.

- C90s > v30s
    No one’s hating modelers.

And putting an SM57, e609, or i5 in front of a cab really isn’t that hard. I use both anyway, since I’ve got a captor x.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH/Bias FX 2

Best.Thread.Ever.

Unpopular opinion time-jj-jpg
    I have the power to make my evil take its course....

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

The Peavey XXX does not suck.

Large reverb pedals like the Big Sky are redundant in a live setting. You don't need that much reverb. You're also not a keyboard player either.

Volume knob warriors need to come back. So many players have forgotten how to play dynamically using their volume knob and picking technique.

HSH pickup configs are the best kind.

It's hillarious hearing people who want to buy tube heads asking how they sound at low bedroom volumes.

Also hillarious when people buy guitars with locking trems only to block them. Both this and the above is like buy a high end car then picking up your date with a piggy back ride.

If you think you need a custom guitar... you don't.

You also don't need top shelf expensive gear either.

The whole absolution thinking towards gear is crap. Variety is always nicer.

Large pedalboards will always be awesome.

Tuning lower =/= heavier.

All guitarists need to learn how to play bass. Not just to help in technique, but to understand better riff/songwriting and sonic spectrum. And don't cheap out and use reamped midi programmed bass lines either. Man up, buy an actual bass and play the damn thing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Boden 6

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Strandbergs are stupid. You’re playing guitar, not worrying about your ergonomics at your desk gig.
    Ever actually played one? Ever since I got my Strandberg I’ve had zero desire to play any of my other guitars, and it’s also made me play more than I have in years. I do understand that the Endurneck can be an acquired taste.

ME: HT7, KM6, 540SLTD
    MB: EX455
    Rig: Helix

I'd take my old JCM900 over a Rectifier any day of the week.

Paying more than $100 for an overdrive pedal is retarded.

Paying more than $100 for a pickup even more so.

Guns & Roses sucks & Axel Rose is the worst "singer" to ever sign a recording contract.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: Jazz
    Rig: ENGL/Fender/Marshall

Joe satriani is the worst guitar player of the wank guitar era. WAY overrated.
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

ME: Swirley Shirley
    MB: Shine POS
    Rig: SLO & Roadkill 2x12

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    - Modeler haters don't understand modelers. If you get 5 great sounding amp models that you like out of your Kemper it's done the job. It may have 300 models in it but you don't have to give a shit about every single one of them.

- EL84s have their place. My Mesa 20/20 sounds awesome with them, though I do wonder why the fan in it is 4x as loud as my 2:90...

- IRs are better than mic'd cabs because most people don't have the skill and/or take the time to mic their cab properly. It's not fucking rocket science, it's just capturing sound. There's no difference between an impulse and your SM57.

- C90s > v30s
    Because its 4x smaller and spinning way faster so it's higher pitched. That and EL84s kick out way more heat than most valves as they're nearly always biased way too hot to get the 20w (which is nearly always more like 15w)
    Please visit and share my guitar gear & DIY Blog
    https://toboy-diy.blogspot.com//

Also if you want a link slapping on there shoot me a PM

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

The establishment described in the iconic song "Hotel California" is actually more of a bed and breakfast.