NGDejaVu: Captii - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NGDejaVu: Captii

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Two Notes products are the tits! So much so that Mesa started jamming their guts into their products

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Two Notes products are the tits! So much so that Mesa started jamming their guts into their products
    I'm actually going to screw this into the back of my combo so I don't have to always look at it, so I guess it's come full circle.

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Do you use it just for the attenuator, or are you using the analog speaker sim, too? I've been looking for a loadbox + speaker sim so I can play silently at home, but so far the cheapest I was aware of were $800+ for the Mesa ones.

I don't think I looked too closely at these because of the analog speaker sim. I don't know much about this stuff at all, but a lot of amps these days come with an analog simulated out, and I haven't read great things about those, so I just assumed this was a similar story. I'm not looking for a ton of cab options, so if this sounds good, I'll be all over it.
    Both my diezel heads have compensated outs and they are ok but not as good as amp speaker out>Two notes>ir

The on board IR on the captor is passable but also not great.

The captor x is going to give you the best for the money in terms of features at the moment. If you have a modeller that already uses IRs you can go

Amp>normal captor>modeller with only an IR engaged>computer

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP E-II V-II
    Rig: Kemper and Marshall

I use the Reload these days and love it. The attenuation is stupid killer on it. It's also overkill if you're just using the attenuation.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you have a modeller that already uses IRs you can go Amp>normal captor>modeller with only an IR engaged>computer
    That's clever as hell,I never really thought of that.

If you could score an older original Axe-Fx or some other IR-loadable past-its-prime modeler, you could end up with a damn nice IR loader for short money. Shit, my GSP1101 can load user IRs and I only paid like $300 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post

If you could score an older original Axe-Fx or some other IR-loadable past-its-prime modeler, you could end up with a damn nice IR loader for short money. Shit, my GSP1101 can load user IRs and I only paid like $300 for it.
    It works really well. Before I had the Captor X, I borrowed a Mesa Reactive Load (one of the new CCIR's, don't remember which) and it sounded better to go from the amp to the loadbox, but use the FM3 has the cabinet+USB interface, than it did to use the CCIR by itself into the computer. So yeah anything even capable of IR loading would be good, bonus points if it's also a USB audio interface, so it's not converting back and forth (though I wonder how much that even matters these days).

ME: Suhr M5
    MB: Squire Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk V + Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Not Mr. Test View Post
    If you have a modeller that already uses IRs you can go Amp>normal captor>modeller with only an IR engaged>computer

Yeah with the added benefit of having all the units effects that you can add into the signal easily as well.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    Rig: Mesa/Fractal

Amp>normal captor>modeller with only an IR engaged>computer
    That's basically the Torpedo Live.