Not to be outdone, 2021 strikes back (Mesa/Gibson content).
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Not to be outdone, 2021 strikes back (Mesa/Gibson content).

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

Not to be outdone, 2021 strikes back (Mesa/Gibson content).

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Les Paul
    Rig: Kemper-STL plugins

WTF

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

This explains the cheesy name for the Badlander.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP E-II V-II
    Rig: Kemper and Marshall

im a bit worried, but im comforted by the fact that all the Mesa gear i'd ever buy is pre-Gibson and it wont affect me in any way.
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: 6's
    MB: Aerodyne
    Rig: AxeFX III

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    im a bit worried, but im comforted by the fact that all the Mesa gear i'd ever buy is pre-Gibson and it wont affect me in any way.
    used market price hike in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Cool. Gibson's looking for another amp company to kill.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

LOL, the fluff dude is a fucking idiot. It's not out of the question, but the actual situation is one of three things.

1) This is really happening, and a bunch of people who are normally very, VERY prone to gossip managed to keep it very hush hush. And the fluff dude was the first to spill the beans because he couldn't resist the sweet exposure it would grant him. Could be. In which case a bunch of people normally prone to drama queen type behavior did a good job keeping things on the down low and keeping it on a need to know basis until one of them leaked to Mr. Attention Whore over here after doing a really good job at keeping word from getting out.

2) This is the behind the scenes rumor you hear all the fucking time around the gossip mill. I'm always hearing this shit from my cool friend in "THE BIZ", yeah, I can see wanting to rush out and be like, "look, I'm an important dude, look at my sweet inside knowledge". There were a lot of rumors floating around about what firm was going to buy/bail out/partner with Gibson around the bankruptcy shit. And according to my sweet "inside knowledge" a number of Rock star guys tried to get a sort of posse together with Chinese financial heavy hitters and do shit. Seriously, a lot of people floated the idea with varying degrees of seriousness. That happens all the fucking time. Everyone knows Dave Mustaine tried to "buy" Jackson. That could mean literally anything. It could be total bullshit, Dave Mustaine might have drunkenly mentioned it once to friends over beers, he might have asked his accountant, "hey, do you think buying Jackson is something we should go for?", he might have actually got really far along. Who fucking knows.

3) It's some sort of trolling April Fools shit.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

If it is happening, either Mesa had some serious problems that weren't widely known, or the firms handling the Gibson brand right now made them one hell of an offer. Not out of the question of course. There are plenty of mega successful of noveau rich capitalists in China and elsewhere who can mobilize a lot of funding fast and cut people billion dollar checks if they "like the cut of their jib".

Not sure about "Gibson Guitars" buying Mesa. There is no "Gibson Guitars" making decisions. There is an interim firm appointed CEO and team controlling Gibson. KKR according to the news. https://www.industryweek.com/leaders...-of-bankruptcy

Fractal Audio Systems  Shred Training  Angel Vivaldi
Bowes Guitarworks  NumbSkull Audio Production

VigLink badge