Planet Waves O-Port for acoustic guitars

Thread: Planet Waves O-Port for acoustic guitars

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

Planet Waves O-Port for acoustic guitars

Buy Planet Waves O-Port Guitar Tone Enhancer & Feedback Supressor | Sound Hole Covers | Musician's Friend

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ze_Np09OZk]YouTube - Planet Waves O-Port Product Demo[/VIDEO]

Pretty interesting idea, and worth a shot for $27. Jump to 3:30 or so for the actual sound comparison.

This Planet Waves O-Port is proven to enhance the sound of any acoustic guitar and kill feedback without the use of electronics. It's has been tested under the scrutiny of world-renowned acoustic engineers and sound producers to improve tonal quality. The result is a fuller, richer sound with noticeably increased sustain and harmonic range. The tonal enhancement provided by the Planet Waves O-Port is particularly pronounced when the acoustic guitar is plugged in and amplified, resulting in a much fuller sound, a stronger signal to the internal pickup, and significant feedback control. The Planet Waves O-Port fits in most acoustic guitars with a round soundhole, regardless of make or model.

The Planet Waves O-Port's material is custom blended for flexibility to prevent damage to your guitar finish and inlays. The O-Port suppresses feedback and gives your acoustic or acoustic-electric guitar a fuller sound with more volume, better clarity, and enhanced projection.
    Granted, that's 90% marketing nonsense, but I might pick one up all the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Authentic Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul

ME: Ibanez S540LTD
    MA: Taylor Big Baby
    Rig: Laney GH50L

Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Was not impressed when our rep demoed them for us. And I'll take the feedback buster that works just as well for less pls
    R.I.P. Guitars Etc
    RHLC Chief Promotions Officer

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

I actually picked one of these up today, because it was $20 and I was in the buying mood. Here it is in my Martin:

I'll be damned if the thing doesn't actually work! 99% of the shit they say is nonsense, but the bass response is definitely better, and even from the player's earpoint (is that a word?) you can hear/feel the bass rumbling around a bit more.

Is it a magic piece of plastic? No. Does it work? Well, actually, it kind of does, just not nearly as well as they say it does. I'll be keeping it in there either way and think it was worth the 20 bones.

ME: Authentic Les Paul
    MA: Les Paul

Please to be plugging it into your rig and testing feedback.