Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Post your pedalboards!

116K views 311 replies 101 participants last post by  Patric Byrne 
#1 ·
This should be fun, and I'm not sure if this has been done in a while. Post them! Pics please!

Mine is at my buddy's house currently, but isn't too interesting to look at anyhow. It's a piece of plywood with a few pedals :lol:

#283 ·
We packed it up, and shot it up. Then BANG! A hero's death!

In all seriousness, it was actually easy to operate. I only used the Fishman on 2 songs, and the Guitar Synth was only on whenever I needed certain synth sounds (I only used 3 or for 1 think, and mostly changed between songs). For the guitar pedalboard, I didn't really tap dance much either. About 2-3 patches per song and that's it.

The real challenge was the actual playing. Trying to play the auxiliary keyboard parts with the Roland and KMs while playing guitar. But I've got a massive hero worship for Rush to get that down pat, so all good. At one point I did the whole Immortal Guardian shtick. :lol: Thankfully it was only for one song.

A video of you running a couple sounds with that insane rig would have been sweet :yesway:
I probably should've made one on the night considering it surprisingly didn't take long to set up (the keyboards took longer than the pedals). But unfortunately it totally didn't cross my mind. :lol: I still haven't disassembled the rig so I might chuck some 1 min sound runs on IG or something.

#289 ·
Cheers fellas. :cheers:

Unfortunately, no, I don't have clips of the rig, and I've actually started disassembling it. :lol: I have to refine my larger pedalboard ready for preproduction for my next album so I'll rebuild another dual board that utilizes the Boss Synth and Fishman.

I do add short clips of some of my gear on IG, and I'm trying to add more whenever I can squeeze time in. I do need to properly utilize my tube and SC profiles, maybe when my next album comes out.

#295 ·

I have a few bass sessions coming up for a few days. There's not much need for effects that I normally use, so I broke it down to the barest essentials on this pedalboard. I feel so naked. :lol:

Once I'm done, I'll be dismantling the tiny rig and finally start refining my full bass pedalboard.

#302 ·
I sanded them down, but yeah they do a little. I've used this pedalboard live a bunch of times in the last year and it never bothered me. I picked up a larger Boss pedal case that perfectly fits the pedalboard with the snake cable wrapped up underneath it. The only neater thing I could really do is go in on a rack unit like an Axe Fx II or a Digitech 1101. I had the G System in a rack, but I've just found the MS3 to be surprisingly superior to the G System in every way imaginable. I had a Pedalsnake for awhile, but I found the MIDI-style end connectors just annoyed me. Of course I'm open to suggestions :agreed:

Where did you get that Input/output bay for the patch cables? I'm assuming that is a pedaltrain.
The pedalboard is the Donner version of the Pedaltrain Jr. Same pedalboard, half the price. The patch bay is a Temple Audio one I epoxied to the underside to make it easier to plug in quickly. The MIDI jack is the only one I've had difficulty with, I just have it velcro'd to the bottom and need to upgrade how it's held on soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.