Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Your Amps! Post 'Em!

Tags
amps
250K views 732 replies 252 participants last post by  LouisFNCyphre 
#1 ·
See less See more
#684 ·
Very good cabs for the money. Surprisingly, the RD series speakers are actually damn good sounding. A little less high end bite than a V30, and a lot of tight, controlled low end. I'll be pairing it with a V30 loaded 2x12 eventually for some variety in recording.

Speaking of, here's my tower of power as it sits right now:

#686 · (Edited)
It's not going to replace any "real" amp, but it seems to be the ideal backup amp to throw in a bag just in case. It's plenty loud for any show, since they always mic the cabs anyway, and sounds pretty damn decent for under $200.

I recorded a quick and dirty little demo when I got it. I could have done a little less gain and a little better with the mic placement since it sounds a little harsh on the high end, but it gives a good enough idea on how it sounds:

#688 ·

I bought two new amps in the past few months. I've been playing a lot more non-metal stuff lately and the Peavey Classic was a perfect fit. It's actually a pretty badass amp.

#712 ·
Updated.

Rack layout:

- Carvin AC120 (power conditioner for modelers/effects)
- Axe-Fx III
- Kemper
- G/Major (in loop of Triaxis)
- Triaxis
- GSP1101 (in loop of 5150)
- Furman (power for amps)
- Mesa 2:90 (amp for Triaxis)
- Stroborack
- Mesa 20/20 (amp for Kemper)
- Art SLA 1 (amp for Axe-Fx)

Top of Rack:
- Strymon Sunset (OD for Mark V)
- TS9 (OD for Mark V)
- Macbook Air (controls the modelers)

Left side:

FJA Mod 5150
Mesa Recto v30 (cab for Triaxis / 5150)
Top: Two Notes Captor (attenuator/DI for 5150/2:90)
Top: MXR 10-band (in loop of Triaxis)

Right side:

Top: Fractal FM3 (in loop of Mark V)
Top: Two Notes Captor (attenuator/DI for Mark V)
Top: Huge bowl of picks
Mesa Mark V Combo
Mesa C90 1X12 (cab for 20/20)

Floor:
- Tuner Floorboard of Destiny
-- 4x Strobostomp (soon) (Fractal / Kemper / Triaxis / Mark V)
- Mission expression pedals for Axe-Fx / Kemper (wahs)

#716 ·
The DSL1 is pound for pound the best amp I've ever bought. It doesn't sound as good as the Jet City or my 6505mh or even my JCM900, but you can get a good sound quick and easy, it goes from whisper quiet to drown out the TV volume and the clean channel is really sweet. And it weighs nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.