Asking about selling an amp

Thread: Asking about selling an amp

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

Asking about selling an amp

I haven't sold an amp in a while. I have a bogner alchemist 1x12 I'm looking to sell but the prices online vary $300-$500. How should I decided what price to sell it for based on its demand?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM JP6
    Rig: Unholy Trinity/5153

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpintofinity View Post
    I haven't sold an amp in a while. I have a bogner alchemist 1x12 I'm looking to sell but the prices online vary $300-$500. How should I decided what price to sell it for based on its demand?
    Based on condition and how badly you want to sell it price it within that range.

If you are selling in a format that allows for best offer. Price it above the price you actually want. People like to feel like they talked you donw.

If you aren't in a rush hold out for your bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by frankcastle View Post
    Based on condition and how badly you want to sell it price it within that range.

If you are selling in a format that allows for best offer. Price it above the price you actually want. People like to feel like they talked you donw.

If you aren't in a rush hold out for your bottom line.
    Im not the original owner of my amp and I want to know how much longer the tubes will last on it so i can give an honest sale on it. Thats a big thing too. It sounds great and I'd hate to give it up.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM JP6
    Rig: Unholy Trinity/5153

I think you just mention in the ad that you are not the first owner and don't know how much life is left in the tubes. That is pretty common practice.

ME: Stuff
    MB: More Stuff
    Rig: Extra Stuff

You don't need to mention what order number owner you are, or how old the tubes are (they're consumables). Just describe the amp's condition, and mention any problems it has. They don't reduce in price as they change hands. I wish they did, 'cause you could pick up a 6505 it Dual Rec for like 2p.

Set the price a bit above what you want, like 10% above, and haggle from there.

Good ideas. The amp is in excellent condition. I'm happy about that. The tubes sound great too I wish there was a way to test how much life was left in them.

ME: n/a
    Rig: n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
    You don't need to mention what order number owner you are, or how old the tubes are (they're consumables). Just describe the amp's condition, and mention any problems it has. They don't reduce in price as they change hands. I wish they did, 'cause you could pick up a 6505 it Dual Rec for like 2p.

Set the price a bit above what you want, like 10% above, and haggle from there.
    Agreed. Be honest if someone asks you how old the tubes are, but there's no need to put it out there to begin with or to try and come up with a history for the amp.

I'd go up 20% so you have room not only to haggle, but to lower the price a few bucks if it doesn't sell quickly.
    Words I didn't say hurt my feelers... but this is my safe space.