The horrible 80s/90s gear thread. - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The horrible 80s/90s gear thread.

Oh yes. It is home, 20+ years later. Now to find my Zoom 9000.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I almost forgot about these horrible things. I went through two of them before I punted on Morley back in the day. They both stopped working after about 3-6 months of use. I had bought them b/c I had heard about pots going bad in Crybaby wah pedals, and wanted ones that lasted, so I paid about $30 more for these than a Crybaby. What a gip!

Seconded. I inherited one of these from somebody I was recording for, managed to sell it after so that's probably the most positive thing I can say about it.

I had one of those Morley wahs too. Worst. Wah. Ever. Just buy a Crybaby, or maybe a boutique version of the Crybaby, if it floats yer boat. But friends don't let friends buy Morley.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: PRS SEs
    MB: Squier Deluxe Active Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Mk3 Blu/Torpedo Live

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I had one of those Morley wahs too. Worst. Wah. Ever. Just buy a Crybaby, or maybe a boutique version of the Crybaby, if it floats yer boat. But friends don't let friends buy Morley.
    Yup. I got a Morley Cliff Burton wah. It was based on the Power Fuzz Wah, which is a guitar dealio.

And it fucking sucks for guitar. A thin, weak sound. Could barely hear the effect. Even sucks for bass as well since it cuts out all the low end. But fuck, it sounds like Cliff Burton, so it's cool for that wah sound.

ME: Ibanez
    Rig: Mesa JP-2C

/thread

ME: PRS Holcomb
    MB: Fender Jazz
    Rig: Mesa Dual Rectifier 2ch

My parents got me this for Christmas back in the early 90's. And if memory serves me correctly, they bought it used.
    Funny story, this was stolen from me out of the school music equipment storage room, but the dumbass forgot to take the power adapter.
    I happened to be working at the only music store in town at that time, and one day this guy comes into the shop looking to buy a power supply for it. Had the pedal with him too. I said to him with a dead eye stare, "yeah, I know exactly where you can find the adapter for that pedal. It's under my bed at home". The look on his face was priceless. Needless to say, I got it back. Still use it too every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    My parents got me this for Christmas back in the early 90's. And if memory serves me correctly, they bought it used.
    Funny story, this was stolen from me out of the school music equipment storage room, but the dumbass forgot to take the power adapter.
    I happened to be working at the only music store in town at that time, and one day this guy comes into the shop looking to buy a power supply for it. Had the pedal with him too. I said to him with a dead eye stare, "yeah, I know exactly where you can find the adapter for that pedal. It's under my bed at home". The look on his face was priceless. Needless to say, I got it back. Still use it too every once in a while.

I actually still have the bass version of that pedal. Though now I think effects like that on bass are silly I always did think the pedal was remarkably clean and gave me no issues. As with all of these the distortions suck but everything else sounded good to me

ME: EBMM(s)
    MA: Taylor 214
    MB: Spector Legend 4
    Rig: AFX3 / KPA / MKV

'Sup?