So I've got one of these coming - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So I've got one of these coming

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
    I've also got versatility in mind, and of course aesthetics come to play.
    http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/p-rails-pearloid/

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

Is that a set neck or bolt on model? I saw one today actually but didn't dare touch it lol
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Man, totally jealous. Those things smoke.

If it’s a darker guitar, an Aldrich will slay in it. It turns brighter guitars into icepicks, though.
    There was actually a white version for a few bucks more down the road from where I got this, but the burst looked so much better.

Noted on the Aldrich. All told, I only spent 5 minutes with it plugged in so I suppose it's too soon to pass judgement. I might actually spend more time with the guitar as is, and A/B it with my friend's Gibson LP Custom to get a better indication of what I want out of the instrument.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainOfThought View Post
    Oh God don't put a pick guard on that thing. Do anything you else you want but for the love of all things holy don't put a pick guard on it.
    I thought about that too, and that seems to be the knee jerk reaction when it comes to Les Pauls around these parts. It does look great on it's own but...

...so does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro View Post
    When I finally feel like going after that Birth Year guitar, it will be a lawsuit Ibanez.
    Snag one when the opportunity presents itself. I missed out on a lawsuit Flying V and I'm trying not to regret it...

That looks gaudy. I might keep this "traditional" so the P-Rail route is out. I'll probably put those on an RG or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Is that a set neck or bolt on model? I saw one today actually but didn't dare touch it lol
    Bolt on. That was actually the reason why I hesitated getting the aforementioned Flying V as well as a 3 pickup SG. Both were bolt on and I thought maybe if I wait for a set neck model I'll snag that. Of course I haven't seen a lawsuit V for sale since. I even hesitated at this too. But after picking it up and playing it, it felt and sounded like a real Les Paul Custom, nice and heavy. With this, I get to play an awesome sounding Les Paul while still playing Ibanez, so it works well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Gibson
    MA: Fred Welker
    MB: Jazz
    Rig: ENGL/Fender/Marshall

Dude, that is nice!
    The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.” ― Alan Moore

ME: Caparison/Maverick
    Rig: Axe FX>Matrix>Zilla's

Versatility? Got to be EMG 81's then

On a more serious note, that's a lovely looking guitar, but for the love of your deity of choice DO NOT put a guard on that!
    I'm so metal I shit bats

Bolt on. That was actually the reason why I hesitated getting the aforementioned Flying V as well as a 3 pickup SG. Both were bolt on and I thought maybe if I wait for a set neck model I'll snag that. Of course I haven't seen a lawsuit V for sale since. I even hesitated at this too. But after picking it up and playing it, it felt and sounded like a real Les Paul Custom, nice and heavy. With this, I get to play an awesome sounding Les Paul while still playing Ibanez, so it works well.
    The bolt ons are the one to get, and it does look awesome with the pickguard Congrats man

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

There was actually a white version for a few bucks more down the road from where I got this, but the burst looked so much better.

Noted on the Aldrich. All told, I only spent 5 minutes with it plugged in so I suppose it's too soon to pass judgement. I might actually spend more time with the guitar as is, and A/B it with my friend's Gibson LP Custom to get a better indication of what I want out of the instrument.

I thought about that too, and that seems to be the knee jerk reaction when it comes to Les Pauls around these parts. It does look great on it's own but...

...so does this.

Snag one when the opportunity presents itself. I missed out on a lawsuit Flying V and I'm trying not to regret it...

That looks gaudy. I might keep this "traditional" so the P-Rail route is out. I'll probably put those on an RG or something.

I'm too petty to buy one of the vintage Ibanez bolt on versions of traditionally set neck models (even though it's the same functionality), but I've always wanted one of the single cut "Agent" models with the gorgeous mandolin style headstock.

That one looks like it has a nice tight pocket. I've had a number of pre-RG era Ibanezs, and the bolt ons are prone to substandard pockets or misalignment, that one looks great.

The Custom Agents sometimes come up on the Ibanezcollectors forum