Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Ordered up a Warmoth Deluxe 5 J-Bass

4K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 ·
So, I just ordered a new custom Warmoth Deluxe 5 J-Bass body & neck! I ordered up all the parts as well.

This sucker is gonna be beautiful.

BODY:
SWAMP ASH WITH FLAMED MAPLE TOP
GREEN DYE STAIN ON FLAME MAPLE TOP W/ TRANS GREEN ON BACK & SIDES
2 SEYMOUR DUNCAN QUARTER POUND J-BASS PUPS
AGUILAR OBP-3 PREAMP (1 CONCENTRIC VOL + 3 BAND EQ)
SIDE JACK
TK5 BRIDGE (STRING THRU)
BATTERY BOX

NECK:
THE ENTIRE NECK & FRETBOARD: FLAMED MAPLE!
NO INLAYS (SIDE DOTS ONLY)
REVERSED 5-INLINE J-BASS HEADSTOCK
6100 FRETS
PROTOTYPE SLIMMER PROFILE (I'LL BE THE 1ST TO GET THIS PROFILE).

:yesway:

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice! Sounds a lot like I'd get (though I like beefy necks.) Does Warmoth offer a 35" scale for 5-string necks?

Pictures of the parts as they come in, please.

#11 ·
Indeed. My idea was to have a very unique looking bass. I'm a big J-bass fan. I think the traditional j-bass format with a modern aestetic looks great. Think Sadowsky & Mike Lull basses. Although I bought the body from their showcase, I still have to wait for the neck to be made. I know my friend pulled a really nice chunk of wood for the neck. I can't wait to see it all flamed out. Beautiful.

And by the way, my idea for an all flamed maple neck with a flame maple top was inspired by the Jackson Phil Collen model. Traditional, yet extremely classy.

Jackson Guitars : The Bloodline

#12 ·
That's gonna be sexy. :yesway: Reverse headstock is gonna look awesome, you don't see that too often on basses, especially not on Fender-style basses, though I do remember seeing a Jazz Bass with a reverse headstock before, and it was wild looking.

J-Bass :wub:

We need to start a Jazz Bass Lovers Club :lol:

I love my Jazz Bass V, and any bass I buy in the future will be based around the ergonomics of a Jazz Bass and have to live up to the standard set by my current bass.

#17 ·
You dick, you have no idea how hard I've been fighting the urge to spend money I don't have on a Warmoth partscaster. :lol:

Nice, I can't wait to see this. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.