Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Angel Vivaldi Signature DK24-7 Showcase

5K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  49 
#1 ·

Now let's wait for a 6 string model :D

#13 ·
Aww thank you guys!

I feel like I grew a new back my MG.org hymen and I'm re-popping it.... hurts so good. :wub:

It kills me a little inside knowing it's basswood.

:facemelt:
LOL! I think alder or mahogany is next in line for a future model. Been digging alder a lot in my DK24 and my first prototype we built was mahogany... love the tone of it but holy jiggling titty christ was that proto was HEAVY.

#23 ·
To be honest, all of these Charvels showing up - including the Angel sig - have given me gas for a ProMod. If the neck is close to a Fender modern C, I can deal with that. If it's Wizard thin, I can't.

But that signature model is really classy-looking. Grats.

Maybe later this year, I'll look into Charvel.

#24 · (Edited)
If the neck on those DK24's is like the SoCal/San Dimas then its not wizard thin at all.

Its Thicker than a Wizard, Thinner than a Fender MIM and the American Pro, slightly Thinner than the Jackson SDX (Adrian Smith) that is very very similar and even interchangeable. Also Thinner than the EVH Stripped MIM. Sorry I cant compare with US Charvels, never had one in my hands.

Its a very very comfortable Neck.

#36 ·
Sorry to pseudo necro the thread - in the video I noticed Angel mentioning he used to play with different bands in different tunings like Drop C and Drop B and he wanted a 7 to cover his bases for all those. I’m curious to know what his approach or philosophy was for that, as it could have been something similar to one of the main reasons why I first got a 7 in the past (I figured I could capo things up for dropped standard tunings like C# or D, and I could put it in drop A and capo it to be in drop C or B or whatever I wanted basically).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.