Soon... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Karma's a bitch. Don't we have a site rule about banning people who post NGD teaser threads?
    I'd say we only did it to people we don't like, but that's still applies to everyone, so...

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter KM-7 mk iii
    MA: Wasburn D12S
    Rig: Orange Brent Hinds Terror

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Karma's a bitch. Don't we have a site rule about banning people who post NGD teaser threads?
    does this mean I can't have pics of your sister?

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Nah, we did something else, but for the life of me I cannot remember what.
    I bet Max remembers..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

There is some mild winning in this thread all of a sudden.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Gentlemen

BEHOLD

Schecter KM-7 mkiii

Specs
    26.5" scale
    9 piece neck thru with carbon fiber reinforcement rods
    stainless steel frets
    Ebony Board
    Fishman Fluence Merrow set (9 voicings)
    Hipshot Gearlock tuners / hardware
    Swamp ash body Burl top
    Compound radius Fingerboard (12" - 16")
    luminlay side dots
    Ernie Ball Compensated nut
    1st Fret- .763” (19.4mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .822” (20.9mm) super think neck

Chicago music Exchange tossed in this Billie Joe Armstrong gigbag for free. Its petty decent and well padded and is pretty funny (Leopard lawl)

Ok so basically I have been wanting a 7 that I can easily swap tunings on for a while. I love my RG1527 but tuning to anything lower than Eb gets really flubby. (even with 4 springs bigger strings).

So the hunt began...

I looked at several different guitars - Jackson HT7, Ibanez RGD71ALMS, Kiesel, Ormsby and Solar Baritone among others.

Stainless frets, Fishman pups and the finish sealed the deal but I was hesitant to spend that much on a guitar. I really like how the Merrow Fishermans sound. So I started looking for B-stocks or used ones but they really were not priced all that much better. Reverb had a 15% sale - I asked for a bit more off - they agreed and BAM sold.
    I have played guitar for a very long time and this is the first time that I purchased one without trying it first. This is also my first neck-through guitar.

It is super light - WAY lighter than my 1527 or 550. The neck is ridiculously thin like Wizard thin. No more Schecter necks = baseball bat jokes from me.

The Fishmans are awesome. They have so much clarity I will need to adjust my amp and boost a bit.

It has super low action and plays great. It is very resonant and has really good sustain. The frets are perfect. No high ones and no jaggy fret ends.

Fit and finish is amazing. I was a bit apprehensive as this was pretty expensive and there were still a fair number of mentions about quality issues online. Didn't know if I was buying into a shitshow of a dead plank... One guy over on 7 had to return 2 and he wasn't really pleased with his third.

Was a super relief to not have any issues.

That being said tho nothing is perfect so what is the bad?

It came with no truss rod wrench/bridge wrench or instructions. (Very odd...)
    Doesn't include a case (for the price it should at least have had a gigbag tho CME were nice enough to toss one in so I cannot complain)
    the price is too high - $1600 US (+6% Sales tax...) for a Korean made guitar seems insane - until you realize Indonesian ones are getting $1200 now...
    Still that is pretty much Prestige money but I really cannot complain as it is excellent and I think I got a good deal.

I will have to take some better pics outside when it is sunny.

They do look great, even if there is the burl trend has tipped in the other direction, but if I were still a 7 string man they'd have my eye on them.

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

Looks great, but it's not a Charvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpintofinity View Post
    Looks great, but it's not a Charvel.
    no it's not.

Congrats dude! The KM evolved into the perfect superstrat guitar for me with the newest model - the headstock and body shape are awesome. I like the burl and that color scheme also, they definitely made a bold choice with that but I dig it.

Goddamn, seeing that and also seeing that you are happy with it and had no QC issues is reigniting my GAS for one of those....