This 1986 Charvel I found on Reverb - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This 1986 Charvel I found on Reverb

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Most of them aren't all that good, either. Especially the Model 5.
    Action has a really good Model 4 refin for $350. I almost bought it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpintofinity View Post
    Ya the price is definitely insane. $348 for shipping? Better be next day at the least.
    He's in Italy, so that might not be terribly off for international shipping. Of course, the buyer on this one will have to deal with the CITES crap, so good luck with that. Pretty much kiss off buying any older guitar internationally with a rosewood board.

Reverb asking prices are silly, but it's mostly just to ward off the lowball offers. The ultimate selling prices are more realistic. Used Jackson/Charvel prices are down from what they were a decade ago, apart from a few rarities. Eighties guitars, in general, aren't going for very high prices anymore. I think a lot of guys in my age group are downsizing or not playing as much as they used to.

Also, Reverb's cut is less than what eBay would charge. I've sold a guitar on Reverb and found it a pretty good experience.

ME: Charvel
    Rig: Imac/Apollo

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    He's in Italy, so that might not be terribly off for international shipping. Of course, the buyer on this one will have to deal with the CITES crap, so good luck with that. Pretty much kiss off buying any older guitar internationally with a rosewood board.

Reverb asking prices are silly, but it's mostly just to ward off the lowball offers. The ultimate selling prices are more realistic. Used Jackson/Charvel prices are down from what they were a decade ago, apart from a few rarities. Eighties guitars, in general, aren't going for very high prices anymore. I think a lot of guys in my age group are downsizing or not playing as much as they used to.

Also, Reverb's cut is less than what eBay would charge. I've sold a guitar on Reverb and found it a pretty good experience.
    Ah. I didn't look to see where it was located. It's a gorgeous guitar though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Most of them aren't all that good, either. Especially the Model 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    I have no desire to own any more "adequate" guitars, and IMHO that's what those are.
    I (respectfully) disagree. I have a Charvel Model 4, and it is easily one of my best guitars, even after all these years. I bought it on a blowout sale at SamAsh in the late 80s/early 90s (can't remember exactly). Paid about $200 at the time. The guitar was spectacular then, and is today.

ME: Fender Telecasters
    MA: Emerald X20 Artisan
    MB: STR LS-648
    Rig: Mk IVa / Hartke HyDrive 2

Quote Originally Posted by lespauled View Post
    I (respectfully) disagree. I have a Charvel Model 4, and it is easily one of my best guitars, even after all these years. I bought it on a blowout sale at SamAsh in the late 80s/early 90s (can't remember exactly). Paid about $200 at the time. The guitar was spectacular then, and is today.
    Well, I'm happy for you then. Did you get it in White Plains? I used to practically live in that store.
    "Oh, those jazz guys are just making that stuff up!" - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
    Well, I'm happy for you then. Did you get it in White Plains? I used to practically live in that store.
    I bought it in the Edison, NJ Sam Ash