NGD: 1981 Stratocaster

Thread: NGD: 1981 Stratocaster

ME: Gibson Les Paul Trad
    Rig: Marshall VM & DSL50

NGD: 1981 Stratocaster

Ok, so this isn't a very metal guitar, and perhaps I'll lose friends here if I confess that I'm going to sell my BC Rich Warlock to fund this, but I still think it's pretty cool.

It's built in 1981, the last year of the "'70s" Stratocaster. This time is known for poor quality control and overweight Strats, but this one plays great. Nice fat neck but not too fat. Neck pocket is nice and tight.

The pickups are Fender CS 69s, which I'm still getting used to. They're a bit boomy in the bass department, but I like how they sound and how the bridge takes higher gain. The saddles are obviously not orginal, but it came with the original as well as the trem bar and ashtray trem cover. It's been refretted so there's no real fret wear. all for $770. I think I did ok.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Carvins
    MA: Larrivee
    MB: Ibanez BTB675M
    Rig: 2 Year Old Son

Congrats! Looks pretty good. I'm definitely in Strat mode right now and this is only making me want more
    Last edited by NickS; 06-02-2019 at 03:30 AM.

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    Ok, so this isn't a very metal guitar, and perhaps I'll lose friends here if I confess that I'm going to sell my BC Rich Warlock to fund this, but I still think it's pretty cool.
    Shut yer face, that is a bitch'n guitar

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Black Strat, White Pickups and Maple Fretboard... whats not to love

ME: Ibanez JEM7V
    MA: Enema Bag W/Piezo's

Awesome!

I don't really hear/see people talking much shit these days regarding CBS-era Fenders. They're all pretty reasonable in price, but I haven't really heard anyone complain about getting one and the quality being shit. I suppose it's because they know what they're buying before hand, mixed with a lot of shitty guitars being made in the last 30 years in comparison.

Enjoy it, man! I've grown to love the large headstock!
    "It's ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER"