trem travel? new guitar maybe?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trem travel? new guitar maybe?

ME: Dean MLX
    Rig: Blackstar ID TVP 150

trem travel? new guitar maybe?

Trying to decide on a guitar with a trem and HSH setup. Does the JEM Jr have more trem travel distance than the RG 450 DXB? I just put a Gotoh GE1996t on my jackson warrior JS32 and it does stay in tune way better and I love the feel of the fine tuners but theres not enough travel distance when pulling up. the trem arm holder stops against the body on the inside of the route. regardless I still want a new axe with an HSH and floating bridge. looking at these but I'll take opinions or suggestions.

https://reverb.com/item/17505537-iba...ic-guitar-pink

https://reverb.com/item/13417103-iba...c-guitar-white

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez RGs
    MA: Cordoba Custom Flamenco
    MB: Ibanez SRs
    Rig: 5153 / Kemper

They're the same trem, but the Jem will have better pull up range thanks to the lion's claw route.

Honestly, I'd grab a Genesis RG550/550DX/570 over the 2.

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Yeah, why just not look for a RG550 Genesis? they already have top of the line bridge.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Being honest here... those two Ibanez are basically the same thing, but one is more expensive because it's a "JEM".

I also say go Genesis RG 550. You will have a much better guitar in all senses. Much better Neck shape (to me at least), but also much thinner. Hardware wise its Top of the Line vs Mid to Low Line. The Edge Trem is just amazing, its really night and day from those lower Trems.

ME: Dean MLX
    Rig: Blackstar ID TVP 150

well looking at new RG550s and they're way above my price range without financing. started considering used models and were a lot closer or right in my price range.

As far as my jackson warrior, is it going to hurt anything to dremel out some of the area where the bridge arm is hitting the inside of the cavity? looks like its about where the stud sits so I'm a little worried it'll damage the structural integrity of the wood.

Buy it used man... I got a Used but Shinny new Genesis RG550 last year for 500 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    As far as my jackson warrior, is it going to hurt anything to dremel out some of the area where the bridge arm is hitting the inside of the cavity? looks like its about where the stud sits so I'm a little worried it'll damage the structural integrity of the wood.
    It will only cause a problem if the area it hits is needed structurally, like where the trem posts are anchored into the body. As long as it just the area under the springs, route away.

Can you post a pic?

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post

Stop worrying. Start dremeling!!!

People can be such pansies with their guitars. It's just a guitar.

Do what the fuck you want with it and ROCK OUT!!!

You think these guys cared about "structural integrity"??? Whatever that even means?