NGD: It's alive! My "Prized Amalgam"!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NGD: It's alive! My "Prized Amalgam"!

ME: Ibanez RGT42DX
    Rig: 5150 III 50w -> G-System

NGD: It's alive! My "Prized Amalgam"!

Okay, so this guitar has been a LONG fucking time in the making, and for one stupid reason or another has been pushed further back. Things changed, however, when I joined a new band. There's this video shoot coming up and honestly this would be the coolest looking guitar in my collection if it...ya know, actually worked and shit.

Anyways motivation is a hell of a thing. A few days of slamming my face on it and BAM. New Guitar.

It's an FR320 body, RG350MDX neck, and a bunch of shit I had lying around the house. Basically an all-out parts guitar.

Shit's still full of screw holes which I tried to fill with nail polish to little effect. Once I grow a proper pair of balls I'll try the superglue finish repair trick, but like 12 hours out from a video shoot I'm not gonna risk it.

Now I'm basically just praying that the BBcode shit works and that my images arent literally the size of saturn. If y'all are lucky maybe I'll do a video of me playing through bucktooth with it or some shit, but I literally have to go to bed and wake up at 6am to load gear for this video shoot. Rockstar life, amirite?
    Last edited by PirateMetalTroy; 06-29-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    Dances With Cables.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: '87 Duesenberg
    Rig: MP-2 + TSR-24S + Vortex

Simplicity and Elegance.. Love it.

Apart from holes, which you already commented, I would have volume near bridge for my pinky swells. But that's of course just my needs

I suddenly have cravings for parts-casting a 7-string version. Wonder which body and neck to look out for.. Pls notify me if applicable
    Know Thy Self. Know Thy Law. Do What Thou Wilt

I can't fucking stand having the volume there. My hand constantly bumps it turning myself down over and over. FUUUUUCK that. As far as a 7 string version, I don't think there's a cheap way to get a hold of a 7 string FR body, sadly. Maybe that one guy who does CNC bodies on ebay?

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

That looks rad as hell!

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

I like all-business no BS guitars like this Also those fret markers and side markers are awesome, even a bling guy like me could see those babys!!

Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

With this new project (Solarus), I basically never switch off the bridge pickup, so all I really need is a super clean looking no nonsense guitar. In the coming week or few I'm gonna go buy up some of those micro-mesh things and attempt to fix up the finish for real.

ME: Caparison/Parker
    Rig: Sweet FA

Looks good. Are the side markers stock, or did you mod the neck?
    I'm so metal I shit bats

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Looks good. Are the side markers stock, or did you mod the neck?
    Tape. 1/4" vinyl pinstripe tape for the binding, and some cut up strips of white duct tape for the side markers. 1/8" white vinyl would probably have been better, but it was like $8 for a roll of white an that seemed like a waste.