Most comfortable guitar body shape? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Most comfortable guitar body shape?

ME: 1990-91 Ibanezes
    MA: Seagull S6
    MB: Ibanez SR500
    Rig: Laney IRT Studio

I second the Ibanez S-series. In addition to that the Ibanez Radius (and the JS which is based on the R), are super comfortable.
    "How can less be more? It's impossible. More is more."
    -Yngwie J. Malmsteen

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Location: Ybor City, FL, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Dimension C-132
    ME: Ibanez RG90 & RG9
    MA: Ibanez RA100
    MB: Ibanez BTB7E & BTB7F
    Rig: Custom Built PC

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    I second the Ibanez S-series. In addition to that the Ibanez Radius (and the JS which is based on the R), are super comfortable.
    I miss my RGA. That was the best. Comfy archtop on the front, mass on the back (ohhhhh, yeah) for tone and balance (proper Sabres are too thin IMO).
    Last edited by Variant; 07-07-2019 at 10:45 AM.

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Explorer or Mockingbird. Gotta have the angled neck and a proper unrecessed bridge though.

You can always count on a good superstrat too, provided the bridge is right.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yep, EBMMs. All the right contours.
    There are only two camps of people on those, people who think they are the greatest thing ever and people who don't get it.

Being ultra-Trve, I don't need to tell you what camp I am in.

Granted, it's still not as decisive as EBMM's Bongo bass.

As far as basses go, Jazz or similar offset. I fucking love Precisions, but a Jazz style offset is slightly more comfortable.

ME: Customized 97' UV7Bk
    MA: Ibanez AW307cnt
    MB: 5 string P-bass
    Rig: DV Mark Maragold

Gibson/Dean style flying v. No upper cutout in the way, sits the same playing sitting or standing up.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Fractal / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    There are only two camps of people on those, people who think they are the greatest thing ever and people who don't get it.

Being ultra-Trve, I don't need to tell you what camp I am in.

Granted, it's still not as decisive as EBMM's Bongo bass.
    I definitely don't think they're the best LOOKING guitars - I'm in the RG camp for that one. A fruity swirled JEM is pretty much my ideal guitar. But despite their subjective looks, my two JPs are far and away the most comfortable guitars I own.

Location: Ybor City, FL, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Dimension C-132
    ME: Ibanez RG90 & RG9
    MA: Ibanez RA100
    MB: Ibanez BTB7E & BTB7F
    Rig: Custom Built PC

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm in the RG camp for that one. A fruity swirled JEM is pretty much my ideal guitar. But despite their subjective looks, my two JPs are far and away the most comfortable guitars I own.
    Gotta disagree here. I've owned tons-and-tons of RGs (a dozen, perhaps)... and, well, they suck. The curve for the forearm is super specific. If you move left or right of that territory, you're on some jank sharp edge. It's actually pretty trash.

The Fender Strat was a lazy solution (cheapass engineer Leo), but at least it had huge radii around the entire body.

The Wizard II neck is freaking godly, though, and that's at least 70% of the point... particularly on ERGs... so I put up with it. What other options do I have that don't involve financial ass rape? ESP? Schecter?

RGA was perfect... but the assclowns at Ibanez only make like four guitars a year that have the curved top for whatever dumbass reason.

Last edited by Variant; 07-07-2019 at 02:43 PM.