Most comfortable guitar body shape? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Most comfortable guitar body shape?

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I definitely don't think they're the best LOOKING guitars - I'm in the RG camp for that one. A fruity swirled JEM is pretty much my ideal guitar. But despite their subjective looks, my two JPs are far and away the most comfortable guitars I own.
    The best thing about EBMM is their forum. Sterling Ball runs that with an iron fist. He takes any criticism very personally. And he considers anything less than lavish praise criticism.

He's legendary on bass forums for his occasional power trips. If you you read his posts its like, "This guy really needs to get a life". And then it's like, "Oh wait, this dude is the leader of this company."

It's worth checking in every couple years just to see his greatest hits. I haven't looked in quite a while, I really hope he hasn't lightened up.

It's a miracle they stay afloat given his need to engage in petty bickering and temper tantrums with paying customers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Forshage, EBMM
    MA: Blueridge BR-40
    MB: Dingwall Afterburner
    Rig: Soldano HR25, Mark V:25

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    The best thing about EBMM is their forum. Sterling Ball runs that with an iron fist. He takes any criticism very personally. And he considers anything less than lavish praise criticism.

He's legendary on bass forums for his occasional power trips. If you you read his posts its like, "This guy really needs to get a life". And then it's like, "Oh wait, this dude is the leader of this company."

It's worth checking in every couple years just to see his greatest hits. I haven't looked in quite a while, I really hope he hasn't lightened up.

It's a miracle they stay afloat given his need to engage in petty bickering and temper tantrums with paying customers.
    I mean, they make great guitars. I bought the Luke 3 after playing an sbmm version and it's amazing and gets a lot of playtime. I really like their narrower necks.
    Too much focus leads to tunnel vision
    Too much faith leads to religion
    Too much knowledge leads to confusion
    Too many guitar lessons lead to jazz-fusion

ME: Ibanez RGIXL7-ABL
    MB: Ibanez SR505
    Rig: Fractal Audio AX8

Super strats, especially Ibanez RGs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Variant View Post
    Gotta disagree here. I've owned tons-and-tons of RGs (a dozen, perhaps)... and, well, they suck. The curve for the forearm is super specific. If you move left or right of that territory, you're on some jank sharp edge. It's actually pretty trash.
    Please re-read my post where I say that EBMMs are super comfortable but I prefer the looks of RGs dude.

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post

I've never been there, but their CS is pretty great even if their CS policies are fucking stupid. I needed to replace the jack in my JP6 which has the piezo. They wouldn't just sell me a new one, I had to prove that I had the guitar, send them pics of my serial number and then mail them my current scratchy PCB before they'd send me a new one.

So instead of having a $2500 guitar that I could still play w/the piezo jack, I had a $2500 guitar that I couldn't play for almost 3 weeks while their parts department received my part, verified that I wasn't trying to take over the world using counterfeit JP6 jacks, and then mailed me a new jack via the slowest possible shipping option despite me paying like $15 for S&H.

Yeah, great guitars. And their CS people did get right back to me almost instantly every time. After that it was all downhill. Protip: Don't break a jack in a piezo'd EBMM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I mean, they make great guitars. I bought the Luke 3 after playing an sbmm version and it's amazing and gets a lot of playtime. I really like their narrower necks.
    There was that one epic saga on talkbass where someone wanted 19mm spacing on a 5 string stingray, and somehow sterling ball got involved, and just for the sake of trolling them he said if they could get 125 orders he would do it.

There's like, 500 pages of drama between the forums. It was ridiculous all around, but in the end everyone agreed it was sort of fucked up that someone in his position who presumably has better things to do with their time trolled his customers in a self aggrandizing effort to confirm that he knows what people want better than anyone.

They scrubbed some of the weirder power trips apparently, and the search function caps at 20 pages, but here's a couple results from 5 minutes of searching.

Sterling Ball responds to criticism

Sterling Ball gets offended when someone calls the EB Forum "Mindless Cultists brown nosing him all day", in spite of the fact that's an accurate description

Sterling Ball does not respond to PMs, but he will publically shame you for them. In general he's a little too trigger happy publically shaming people who privately contact his company or make critical posts for a reputable businessman. Shame Jaxadam isn't around anymore, I want to know what he PM'd him ten times about.

Sterling Ball responds to customers aesthetic complaints by investigating them and pointing out they have no right to judge because they are ugly, their band is ugly, and even their dog is ugly.

Sterling Ball doesn't understand how online photohosting works. Accuses someone named "Glenn" of hacking his photobucket because he does not know how photobucket works. I BOUGHT YOU A MEAL GLENN, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? (this was over something stupid like a picture of the John Petrucci majesty)

If you share a picture of your cool EBMM, but there is accidentally part of another guitar in it, you better crop it out. BECAUSE STERLING BALL IS NOT PAYING FOR ALL OF THIS BANDWIDTH JUST SO YOU CAN SHOW OFF 16 PIXELS OF A FENDER YOU MIGHT ALSO OWN

Sterling Ball gets extorted by a 'frenchman' on youtube

IF STERLING SAYS IT IS TRUE IT MUST BE TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I've never been there, but their CS is pretty great even if their CS policies are fucking stupid. I needed to replace the jack in my JP6 which has the piezo. They wouldn't just sell me a new one, I had to prove that I had the guitar, send them pics of my serial number and then mail them my current scratchy PCB before they'd send me a new one.

So instead of having a $2500 guitar that I could still play w/the piezo jack, I had a $2500 guitar that I couldn't play for almost 3 weeks while their parts department received my part, verified that I wasn't trying to take over the world using counterfeit JP6 jacks, and then mailed me a new jack via the slowest possible shipping option despite me paying like $15 for S&H.

Yeah, great guitars. And their CS people did get right back to me almost instantly every time. After that it was all downhill. Protip: Don't break a jack in a piezo'd EBMM.
    The fanbase is pretty weird without prompting from the CEO. They tend to be huge drama queens in spite of the fact that the guitars don't actually have quality issues like you would expect from a brand with a lot of drama.

The St. Vincent fiasco was ridiculous. Somehow, some media article said a quote conveying that is was designed for a woman's body, and the fans went insane about EBMM being a brand that unfairly discriminated against men.

Which is ridiculous enough before you find out that the guitar in question that is banishing males from guitar buying looks like this.

Also, interestingly enough, since everybody likes talking about inside shit like this when it comes to Gibson, the Ernie Ball CEO has confirmed multiple times that the instrument division isn't actually successful enough or profitable enough to keep it open on its own if it weren't for the fact that their strings division is profitable and popular enough to carry it.