BC Rich actually doing interesting things!
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: BC Rich actually doing interesting things!

ME: Swampcaster
    MA: Fender Sonoran
    MB: Squier Active Jazz 5
    Rig: Rectoverb 50

BC Rich actually doing interesting things!

Well, it's been a few years but looks like whoever the owner is for the next year or two is actually trying to do things right! I'll even let the abalone slide, because these look pretty damn cool to me. The satin black mockingbird with reverse headstock is pretty much calling my name! Really hoping the satin black has an evertune version, as i'd be more interested in that than a floyd.

*edit for new pic*

RHLC East Coast President

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Wolfgang
    MA: Grandpas guitarz
    MB: lol
    Rig: EVH

Damnit I knew I should have bought that company while I had the money, and stock in abalone.
    Vag Jackson, Man Of Action

ME: Swampcaster
    MA: Fender Sonoran
    MB: Squier Active Jazz 5
    Rig: Rectoverb 50

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
    Damnit I knew I should have bought that company while I had the money, and stock in abalone.
    You probably got like 2 years and it'll be up for sale again. I am pretty impressed with these new models. Can't wait until their website is updated and I can see some prices on these but the satin black mockingbird is giving me major GAS.

Also, is this an exclusive line of Dimarzios? I've never seen these before.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

If by interesting things you mean, "Ugly Kiesel ripoffs", I suppose so.

It's like B.C. Rich was holding a design meeting and some guy went up to a whiteboard and was like, "What features date a guitar badly? Don't be afraid, shout out what you honestly feel"

And someone was like, "UGLY RG HORNS INSTEAD OF A REAL SUPERSTRAT SHAPE" (Since no sane person would pick an RG over a Soloist)

And someone else was like, "ABALONE BINDING"

And someone else was like, "KIESEL BURSTS"

And the dude just writes them all down on the whiteboard and is like, "EXACTLY. If we combine all these terribly dated features into a single guitar, it will be so incredibly dated that the date range in which it was fashionable never actually exited. Here's what most people don't know. "Timeless-Terribly Dated and shitty" isn't a linear continuum. It's a circle. This guitar will be so incredibly dated, the date when anybody would have actually enjoyed this guitar never actually existed, therefor there will be a stack overflow sort of thing and this will effectively become the most timeless design of all time. More timeless than the strat."

And then some guy bursts into the meeting late and is like,

"HOLD ON, IF WE'RE MAKING A TRULY TIMELESS GUITAR THIS THING BETTER HAVE AN EVERTUNE AND SOME SHITTY FISHMAN PICKUPS THAT GOT SHILLED BY THE UNEARTH GUYS AND SOME YOUTUBE CELEBRITIES"

And the dude at the whiteboard is like, "I think this company just might have found its new CEO."

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Fishmans brand transformation from, "Company that makes acoustic pickups for OEM and singer songwriters who wear Birkenstocks" to "Company that tries to muscle in on the lucrative youtube metal market by claiming they have developed the T-2000 of pickups that literally adapts to your playing" is hilarious though.

The hype on those Fishmans is literally the most hilarious thing ever.

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO FROM THE WORLDS MOST AUTHENTIC 51 TELE TONE TO A RAGING DJENT TONE ON THE SAME PICKUP WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING YOUR CONTROLS?"

Who the fuck did they get to do the stupid retro futuristic "adaptive pole piece" thing, a level designer from Mass Effect 1? I get that I'm supposed to believe this pickup is from the future because the pole pieces have been replaced by a hi-tech pole line that is adapted into optimal position, but Fishman is kind of hopping in on the tail end of the "Let's bring the Blade Runner aesthetic" back trend.

You can either do abalone body binding or neck binding, but not both

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by MFB View Post
    You can either do abalone body binding or neck binding, but not both

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

I've always wanted to love BC Richs. Owned several. Never enjoyed them as much as I expected I would. Curious about those Dimarzios though...
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.