Painted necks looks fucking AWESOME!!!

It completes the whole thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson SL3X
    Rig: Blackstar ID TVP 150

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Nice! I played a green version of that yesterday at a local store - really nice guitar. The painted neck did feel a little different to me too, but it's definitely a sweet guitar. Not sure I liked the DD humbucker, but that's an easy fix.
    Yeah kinda felt the same when I first plugged it in. I had to dial out a lot of low end to get the tone to tighten up. supposed to be a duncan distortion clone. model is DD-H103B. Thought the distortion was supposed to be a angry JB with a tight low end. the one in the guitar doesn't sound like that though. just sounds like your average cheap pickup. I have an old 90s distortion laying around but its zebra. Thinking about ordering a new one in all black eventually.

ME: LTD H7, S540LTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    Yeah kinda felt the same when I first plugged it in. I had to dial out a lot of low end to get the tone to tighten up. supposed to be a duncan distortion clone. model is DD-H103B. Thought the distortion was supposed to be a angry JB with a tight low end. the one in the guitar doesn't sound like that though. just sounds like your average cheap pickup. I have an old 90s distortion laying around but its zebra. Thinking about ordering a new one in all black eventually.
    Yeah, I've always heard good things about the DD pickups, but then never really got on with them in real life. Glad to know you were able to dial it in (not something I have the time/ability to do in 10 minutes ina guitar store with random equipment... lol) Have you thought about throwing in the zebra just to see what it sounds like?
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Yeah, I've always heard good things about the DD pickups, but then never really got on with them in real life. Glad to know you were able to dial it in (not something I have the time/ability to do in 10 minutes ina guitar store with random equipment... lol) Have you thought about throwing in the zebra just to see what it sounds like?
    yeah I did as I was typing up that previous post

ME: LTD H7, S540LTD
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    yeah I did as I was typing up that previous post

nah i meant i just thought of it. for now I just dialed the bass down a bit on the head, lowered the pickup so its flush with the ring and raised the pole pieces. it still wasn't enough to sound good straight into the amp so I dug out the BOSS SD-1 and now it fucking rips.

edit: ^yes i have 2 left hands.

ME: Caparison/Parker
    Rig: Sweet FA

Nice score, welcome to the world of nicer guitars. And yeah, rip the Duncan Designed crap out and replace it with the Distortion you have laying around
    I'm so metal I shit bats

ME: Rich Mahogany
    MA: Godin A6 Ultra
    MB: SR500
    Rig: Massive/Boobies

I think I had a version of that once, SLsomething in an HH format. Super awesome tone and a slick player! I ended up trading it for a 6505+ head, but that's my own personal thing, ergonomics of strat shapes just aren't comfortable for me. I wished it was a Tele shape!