Some possible CITES (good) news - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Some possible CITES (good) news

ME: PRS CE22
    MA: Richard Cogger Classical
    MB: Fender Bulletbass
    Rig: Mesa Mark V/TA30

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It's already caused movement, though - all the new Fenders come with Pau Ferro, which is much more renewable than Rosewood. I doubt Fender will be going back.
    It's a good thing too, even a MIA fender really doesn't need a high end, hard to source fretboard.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Jackson Soloist
    Rig: Fractal Audio Axe-FX II

It's already caused movement, though - all the new Fenders come with Pau Ferro, which is much more renewable than Rosewood. I doubt Fender will be going back.
    I recall movement in that direction even before the CITES restrictions were implemented. Good looking rosewood and ebony are getting tougher to find and much more expensive when available.

It's kind of criminal to waste these woods on solidbody electrics regardless of price, where (being honest) it doesn't make a huge tonal difference. Acoustic stringed instruments are another matter.

What we really need are "lab-grown tonewoods", where you brew up a batch of perfect Brazilian rosewood or black ebony fretboards at will.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonplayer View Post
    I recall movement in that direction even before the CITES restrictions were implemented. Good looking rosewood and ebony are getting tougher to find and much more expensive when available.

It's kind of criminal to waste these woods on solidbody electrics regardless of price, where (being honest) it doesn't make a huge tonal difference. Acoustic stringed instruments are another matter.

What we really need are "lab-grown tonewoods", where you brew up a batch of perfect Brazilian rosewood or black ebony fretboards at will.

I would say I'm surprised the furniture industry hasn't been funding research in that direction, but having just read Factory Man, I'm completely not surprised.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Ibanez S970CW
    Rig: 6505+ Head and Cab

I would say I'm surprised the furniture industry hasn't been funding research in that direction, but having just read Factory Man, I'm completely not surprised.
    I'm.. I'm really confused now
    "I'm really not going to change to something else just because SSD4 fucks with my ass right now."

- Rocka_Rollas