NGD: "Souls of Black." - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NGD: "Souls of Black."

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

Couldn't love this enough. Congrats! And I'm with you: totally stunned these aren't more popular, you can get ones in great shape for less than $500 all day long and they blow away the new Ibby's that sell for 3-4x that much.

My 91 S540LTD is the best guitar I've ever owned. It was the same red as yours when I first got it, but now it's blue. I tried a Dimarzio SD in it when I first got it, but it didn't sound much different than the IBZUSA it came with, so I sold the SD and bought an Invader which sounded incredible in it. Then I got bored with that, yanked it and sold it and now I'm eye-balling a Black Winter for it. Do you know what model Dimarzio you have?

Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Caparison/Maverick
    Rig: Sweet FA

Nice score
    I'm so metal I shit bats

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

I had one of these in DYY to go with my Gambale. I never should have sold either of them. Nice score!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
    Nice guitar and playing.

The S series does need some 'Genesis collection' revival. They'll sell better than the short lived AR Genesis line but probably won't have the longevity of the RGs. I mean the current S line has little to know substantial upgrades, which is a shame really.
    Thank you so much B.I.!

Right. I think the biggest thing ever added to the S Series was Herman Li's signature models. His guitars are gorgeous and I would totally play one. Especially that LACS 7 string of his or Stephan Forte's.
    NGD: "Souls of Black."-screen-shot-2019-09-05-8-25-18-am-png His custom was a brilliant idea.

Quote Originally Posted by budda View Post
    Congrats on your NGD! My iPod needs some Testament.
    Thank you! Always. I love the "Live in London" CD/DVD. Some of the songs sound better than the recorded versions.
    Plus Skolnick shreds on his Ibanez and Gibson Goldtop too. Studio album wise: I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Though "Formation of Damnation" has a special place in my heart

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    Couldn't love this enough. Congrats! And I'm with you: totally stunned these aren't more popular, you can get ones in great shape for less than $500 all day long and they blow away the new Ibby's that sell for 3-4x that much.

My 91 S540LTD is the best guitar I've ever owned. It was the same red as yours when I first got it, but now it's blue. I tried a Dimarzio SD in it when I first got it, but it didn't sound much different than the IBZUSA it came with, so I sold the SD and bought an Invader which sounded incredible in it. Then I got bored with that, yanked it and sold it and now I'm eye-balling a Black Winter for it. Do you know what model Dimarzio you have?
    Thank you and your guitar is gorgeous! What made you change the color?
    Right!? I have never understood why anyone ever bought a new Ibanez unless it was a Prestige or particular color.
    I'm not sure what Dimarzio is in there. We'll open it up soon enough. But I really, really want to try putting in a Bare Knuckle Warpig to see if I could make it any more "raw" sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Nice score
    Thank you!
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I had one of these in DYY to go with my Gambale. I never should have sold either of them. Nice score!
    Thanks Mike!

Really? Did you like either one better than the other?

ME: Ibanez RG 550
    MB: Sandberg Ken Taylor 5
    Rig: Diezel Herbert

Quote Originally Posted by scole View Post
    Love, love, LOVE Saber bodies.

Don't know exactly about the Skolnick one you're mentioning but this LA shop 540P Ibby that Skolnick owned and used recently sold on Reverb so maybe the one you're thinking of was another LA Custom shop build.

Bargain!

I'd totally have had that if I'd seen it! :inconsolable:

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post

Bargain!

I'd totally have had that if I'd seen it! :inconsolable:
    That's what I was thinking. I couldn't believe it went for such a low cost.

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Thanks Mike!

Really? Did you like either one better than the other?
    They were virtually the same guitar - the 540 neck was slightly different, but nothing major.