NGD: "Souls of Black." - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NGD: "Souls of Black."

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post

Thank you and your guitar is gorgeous! What made you change the color?
    Right!? I have never understood why anyone ever bought a new Ibanez unless it was a Prestige or particular color.
    I'm not sure what Dimarzio is in there. We'll open it up soon enough. But I really, really want to try putting in a Bare Knuckle Warpig to see if I could make it any more "raw" sounding.

Thank you!
    I was after one of the blue ones before I got a deal on this one. Had two different blue ones slip through my fingers and this one fell into my lap - allegedly it belonged to some "well known" metal guitar player who had toured with it for years before selling it to the guy I got it from (a guy in his late 60s who loved 80s guitar hero stuff and bought it due to that, but he refused to tell me who the prior owner was). I have a buddy who paints guitars and he offered to paint this one, so letting him was a no-brainer. I'd love to have a Warpig, but just can't bring myself to pay that much for a pickup when there are so many other great options for half (or less) the price. Can't wait to hear what yours sounds like so I can live vicariously through you.
    Tone Chasers Anonymous ™ - I’m not just a member, I’m the President.
    Don’t expect much, it’s not like I’m a rocket surgeon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    Rig: Axe-Fx II / 5150

The hair is back!

ME: Suhr Modern 7
    MA: Martin MC16-GTE
    MB: Squier 5 string P-bass
    Rig: Mark V

Nice!!
    "They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are a bit dicier." - David Foster Wallace

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Schecter Loomis
    MA: Ibanez classical
    MB: Ibanez SR400QM
    Rig: Fenders

Congrats! I felt the same way - I wanted that "S" w/the sharktooth inlays so bad, but it wasn't to be. I would stare at the Ibanez catalogs at those all the time.

Someday I'll get an "S". I like the idea of a Genesis line - I would have to get one of those.

ME: S540LTD, JS32-7
    MB: SR305E
    Rig: 6505 412 v30 OU812

Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor 777 View Post
    Congrats! I felt the same way - I wanted that "S" w/the sharktooth inlays so bad, but it wasn't to be. I would stare at the Ibanez catalogs at those all the time.

Someday I'll get an "S". I like the idea of a Genesis line - I would have to get one of those.
    https://reverb.com/item/21960132-iba...-made-in-japan

https://spokane.craigslist.org/msg/d...955289949.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ibanez-S-Se...ZdXwz6&LH_BO=1

Someday could be today.

ME: EBMM JP 13
    MA: Yamaha Classical Guitar
    Rig: Mark V w/ 2x12 V-30 Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
    I was after one of the blue ones before I got a deal on this one. Had two different blue ones slip through my fingers and this one fell into my lap - allegedly it belonged to some "well known" metal guitar player who had toured with it for years before selling it to the guy I got it from (a guy in his late 60s who loved 80s guitar hero stuff and bought it due to that, but he refused to tell me who the prior owner was). I have a buddy who paints guitars and he offered to paint this one, so letting him was a no-brainer. I'd love to have a Warpig, but just can't bring myself to pay that much for a pickup when there are so many other great options for half (or less) the price. Can't wait to hear what yours sounds like so I can live vicariously through you.
    Ahh cool. Might have a major history piece. Haha.

I guess we'll have to see! Right now I am enjoying the sound and trying to manipulate it through the amp more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The hair is back!

Yes Sir! It's been a looonnnnggg time coming. I never want short hair again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Nice!!
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Surveyor 777 View Post

Right. Yes Sir!
    If anyone has any prayer requests, need to talk, or have questions about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
    Feel free to message me.

God Bless, Venator

Instagram: hrouthe