Skyscraper Guitars Floyd Rose Intonation Tool
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyscraper Guitars Floyd Rose Intonation Tool

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Skyscraper Guitars Floyd Rose Intonation Tool

Ordered one of these last night. I've been looking for something that does the same thing as "The Key" on my Schaller/JT-590 style bridges for fucking ever. Suppose this is a relatively new product. Haven't seen it before. Ibanez has a similar tool that looks awesome, but it's only designed for edge style baseplates with non parallel planes of the "main baseplate" and "fine tuner screw" shelf area.

I fucking love "The Key", great tool, but I stick to four types of bridges on guitars Schaller OFRs/JT-590s, TOMS, Kahlers and OFRS. The majority of bridges have been JT-590s in my collection since forever. The Key only works on OFR style bolts, and I prefer the Schaller Design and prefer buying older Jackson/Charvel guitars with the Schaller design, so this is a welcome new product.

Dunno whether it will beat "The Key" for OFRs, will have to wait until it shows up. Different sort of design than The Key. Could be better, could be worse. The Key pull back from the bolt and this one wedges in the actual saddle, since there is no where to "grab" on the fat Schaller style bolts.

2. Thanked by:

3. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

The Ibanez one is called the EJK 1000 and is the same basic design.

The Key and a couple other more obscure designs have been around a lot longer obviously, but the new Ibanez one also looks great. Though only works for their bridges.

ME: Suhr, Warmoth, rg550
    Rig: Mark V:25 & Mark II

Let me know what you think of it. I've never bothered to intonate my floating bridges that well. I've always just sort of eyeballed it and let it be. This should do OFR, Schaller, etc if I'm reading your post correctly?

6. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    Dunno whether it will beat "The Key" for OFRs, will have to wait until it shows up. Different sort of design than The Key. Could be better, could be worse. The Key pull back from the bolt and this one wedges in the actual saddle, since there is no where to "grab" on the fat Schaller style bolts.
    I can see how it would be better, actually - it looks like it should work fine on an OFR, and using the wrench instead of the knob is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by beneharris View Post
    Let me know what you think of it. I've never bothered to intonate my floating bridges that well. I've always just sort of eyeballed it and let it be. This should do OFR, Schaller, etc if I'm reading your post correctly?
    It should, from the description I read. Hasn't got here physically yet.

The Key is less than half the price and works pretty well, but it can't do Schaller stamped JT-590 style Floyds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I can see how it would be better, actually - it looks like it should work fine on an OFR, and using the wrench instead of the knob is much better.
    Yeah, I think the design looks like it might be better, anchoring there instead of grabbing on to the bolt, but it hasn't physically gotten here yet, so no conjecture on how well it works relative to "The Key" yet.

ME: Ironing Board
    MA: Laundry Mangle
    MB: Cascade Dish Detergent
    Rig: Washing Machine

EDIT: I forgot how fucking terrible this song is
    Argbadh - RHLC©

ME: CS USA Soloist 7
    MA: Ovation Elite Standard
    Rig: Mesa Triple Rec

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    EDIT: I forgot how fucking terrible this song is
    I'm going to continue not remembering by not clicking on that!