Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Warlock project

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Iron1 
#1 ·
Finally got all the adhesive off the Warlock body and pre-stained, then stained the top 2x today.

Hopefully I'll be able to stain the back tomorrow, then it's on to clear coat.

And, somewhere in there, hunt down a jackplate, make back covers, order 500k pots, a switch and wiring...

I'm digging the blue so far. Hopefully when it's dried and cleared I'll be happier than I am with the Franken7.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks! Me too - but have never had good luck with the few I've owned so far. Hopefully this one is different.

Lookin' good so far!

They probably see your pictures from the ISS. :lol:
Ha - yeah, still trying to find the right pic host.. :lol:

I dig the color, but you gotta get full coverage on that. That lighter stripe looks like it's still sucking up finish.
Yeah, at first I didn't like that stripe, then I did, then I put a third coat on it. :lol: I don't want it to be a solid color, but have a little grain show through.

#4 ·
I dig the color, but you gotta get full coverage on that. That lighter stripe looks like it’s still sucking up finish.

#6 ·
This thing took forever to dry completely, but I was finally able to hit it with the first coat of clear yesterday. Now to wait a few days, brown-paper-bag it and do it again. I also did the back and sides in black, which I think turned out pretty cool. My lack of photography skills don't do it justice. Although, I did booger up the back of one of the horns... oh well. just happy to finally make some progress.

#10 ·
#12 ·
Love that color, especially the light streak. It's too bad they don't make a 6-string soapbar that would drop right into that route. Would look cool a la Moog Guitar
Thanks Randy. I got a set of chrome poled Invaders for it, figuring if was going old school metal, might as well go all in. Figured the chrome would pop against the dark blues, so chrome pups, rings, knobs, etc.

(This is an older pic from when it was still drying)

#14 ·
Same. I've been over the Invader for years now, but man it looks so cool. :lol: Excited to put this thing back together soon. Hopefully by the end of the month. :yesway:

#15 ·
Finally putting this back together. Didn't turn out nearly as cool as I'd hoped, but it's my first total refinish, so mistakes were made and, well, yeah...

#17 ·
Thanks - yeah, I dig how the chrome Invaders pop against the blue - now if I could just stop seeing all the imperfections. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.