Dave Mustaine selling items on reverb, including desirable rackmount surge protector
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Dave Mustaine selling items on reverb, including desirable rackmount surge protector

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

Dave Mustaine selling items on reverb, including desirable rackmount surge protector

https://reverb.com/news/official-dav...b-shop-preview

I already have a rackmount "power conditioner", and have owned a couple of the Furman PL-8cs, but damn it, I've been waiting for that to come up.

I can't count the number of times I've said, "My tone is pretty good, but it would be even better if I had the legendary sound of Dave Mustaine's power conditioner used on the landmark guest appearance on Vimic's 'Fail Me (My Temple)'.

I'm not saying it's a shitty selection of items, but the fact a power conditioner was billed so highly is a little weird.

*Not the place for talk about whether the Furman PL-8 is technically a full fledged power conditioner or more of a glorified rack mount power strip/surge protector. Since it's either a high end rackmount power strip/surge protector or a low end power conditioner, depending on who you ask. Unless it is in the context of the tone it imparted on Dave Mustaine's legendary guest appearance on the Vimic track "Fail Me (My Temple)."

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

Also, fair warning, if any of you try to buy the legendary Dave Mustaine power conditioner used on his landmark guest appearance on Vimic's "Fail Me (My Temple)" out from under me we will no longer be on speaking terms.

That's all mine. I've dibs'd it. I already called my banker and was like, "Free up some funds, liquidate some stocks, I need as much liquidity as possible to buy Dave Mustaine's used surge protector" and I'm currently pre-emptively taking out an insurance policy on it.

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Solar A1.6ET
    Rig: Kemper

ME: Solar A1.6ET

Seriously wondering if these are the "crash symbols" he's selling?

ME: ESP/LTD DV8-R

The more you dig into that list the better it gets. The fact that the power conditioner is billed above guitars, pedals, and Axe-FXs that he specifically used as well as the fact that they spell it "crash symbols".
    C'mon son.

Hellevate

ME: ESP MI Custom
    MB: Fender Jazz custom

Personally, the only gear I would consider buying is anything involved in the recording of this legendary moment. I think it would really add some 'mojo' to my playing.

https://youtu.be/i-RgZVhKW5s?t=316

Quote Originally Posted by thrashinbatman View Post
    The more you dig into that list the better it gets. The fact that the power conditioner is billed above guitars, pedals, and Axe-FXs that he specifically used as well as the fact that they spell it "crash symbols".
    I like the "1987 Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Holy Grail V".

Not only was Dave Mustaine not with Dean in '87, in '87 Dean didn't make guitars that looked anything like that.

"1987" is the model name, which is annoying and misleading. It's actually a 201x 1987 Dean Dave Mustaine Signature Holy Grail V.

It makes the list look fancier though. Considering the majority of the other items are like, shitty budget zoom pedals he had laying around.

I like how all the aggregators and shit though have that at the top, "Dave is selling his 1987 V".

That is a lot less impressive when you realize "1987" is the model name and not the year it was made.

Another classic case of Dave Mustaine trying to ret-con history. Obviously he played Jacksons and B.C. Riches around that era, but he's tried to wipe out all the mentions of his association with Jackson Stalin style since he is still bitter about the whole, "Dave Mustaine tried to buy the Jackson brand when they were up for sale, but it sold to FMIC instead, and Dave was so bitter he switched to a much shittier brand".

There's actually a grand total of 0 items any hardcore Dave Mustaine fanboys would be interested in. There's no legendary stuff like the CAE 3+ preamps from his Rust In Peace era rack rig.