I bought something. (v3.0) - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I bought something. (v3.0)

ME: Jackson AT Pro
    Rig: Rivera K Tre

"Hey, it might look lame compared to a proper double locking tremolo, but I assure you the stock trem on the EBMMs is perfect, there is nothing I would change about it." - Man who just bought an EBMM JP with a real trem

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's pretty sleek. Going to block it off and run 12s on it in B standard. These are the seller's pics. I am stoked.

It actually takes a 9V because it has some kind of nonsensical +20db preamp boost bullshit in it. I plan to do away with that shit on day one and wire it up in a normal, not-stupid fashion.

Looking back, it's probably the tipping point where Petrucci started thinking up bad ideas for guitars and EBMM didn't push back. And now he plays a shovel.
    I have a jar of +20db boosts pulled from guitars I bought, including the infamous Ed Roman boost. Sometimes they can be decent, but I would rather use a pedal. Makes switching guitars easier if your boost is a pedal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Suhr Modern
    MB: EBMM Stingray 5
    Rig: Axe-Fx 3 / Kemper / 5150

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCoy View Post
    "Hey, it might look lame compared to a proper double locking tremolo, but I assure you the stock trem on the EBMMs is perfect, there is nothing I would change about it." - Man who just bought an EBMM JP with a real trem
    Read the next part of my post that you quoted. I don't give a fuck about the trem, it's getting blocked and the trem bar will go into the case. Floyds are rubbish.

ME: Buckethead Les Paul
    MA: Washburn
    Rig: Titan Custom

Oh! Forgot about the JP16. Nice!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MetalGuitarist.org
    Advertisements

ME: Gibson SG
    Rig: Pedals -> Dark Terror

Quote Originally Posted by 7 Dying Trees View Post
    I am starting to want one of the old mystic whatever JPs.

Also, the shovel guitar, played one, it was stupidly good. As in ridiculous. Luckily so was the price.

Nice score dude!
    I got to play a couple of those at a shop earlier this year. I wanted to hate them, but they were super comfortable - ergonomic to the point of feeling foreign. For such a ridiculously expensive guitar, though, the finish seemed super plasticky, and it didn't resonate like every other EBMM I've played.

I really want a Mystic Dream JP6. In my first proper band, the bass player owned one, and it was fantastic.

ME: KxK ProtoVii-7
    MA: Martin D-28
    Rig: Mesa/Boobies Stiletto

Read the next part of my post that you quoted. I don't give a fuck about the trem, it's getting blocked and the trem bar will go into the case. Floyds are rubbish.
    Well, that one is, since it's just the Floyd version of an Ibanez LoPro.
    Noodles

So live for today,
    Tomorrow never comes.
    Die young, die young,
    Can't you see the writing in the air?
    Die young, gonna die young,
    Someone stopped the fair.

Your curmudgeonly old man game has been so off the charts recently. Practically TGP levels. Complaining about a guitar you just bought before it shows up. If I would have said, "Nice birds eye maple" you probably would have been like,

"YOU CALL THAT BIRDS EYE MAPLE? I CALL THAT GAUCHE, I HAVE NO TIME FOR THAT NOVEAU RICHE POSTURING"

"TOM? Are you insinuating I play TOMs? I don't play bridges with peasant names. My strings don't make contact with the likes of 3 letter men. This bridge is a THOMAS, and I insist you call it such."

"Tube amps? Clearly you've been spending too much time with the colonials. I don't play tube amps. I only play Valve Amps. Tubes are for hospitals, not the amplification needs of gentlemen of station."