Metal Guitarist Forums banner

I bought something. (v3.0)

Tags
bought v3.0
3K views 49 replies 21 participants last post by  noodles 
#1 ·
What did I buy?

Winner gets all the glory that MG has to offer.

No hints this time but I will vaguely answer questions.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
It's pretty sleek. Going to block it off and run 12s on it in B standard. These are the seller's pics. I am stoked. :yesway:

It actually takes a 9V because it has some kind of nonsensical +20db preamp boost bullshit in it. I plan to do away with that shit on day one and wire it up in a normal, not-stupid fashion.

Looking back, it's probably the tipping point where Petrucci started thinking up bad ideas for guitars and EBMM didn't push back. And now he plays a shovel.

Attachments

#17 ·
"Hey, it might look lame compared to a proper double locking tremolo, but I assure you the stock trem on the EBMMs is perfect, there is nothing I would change about it." - Man who just bought an EBMM JP with a real trem

It's pretty sleek. Going to block it off and run 12s on it in B standard. These are the seller's pics. I am stoked. :yesway:

It actually takes a 9V because it has some kind of nonsensical +20db preamp boost bullshit in it. I plan to do away with that shit on day one and wire it up in a normal, not-stupid fashion.

Looking back, it's probably the tipping point where Petrucci started thinking up bad ideas for guitars and EBMM didn't push back. And now he plays a shovel.
I have a jar of +20db boosts pulled from guitars I bought, including the infamous Ed Roman boost. Sometimes they can be decent, but I would rather use a pedal. Makes switching guitars easier if your boost is a pedal.

#11 ·
The neck is a little different. They all are different especially the JP11.
Pickups are different and it has the 20DB Boost (which actually I love on my JP13).

I had a JP16. Could never get set up the way I liked it. But it was a tremendous guitar never the less.
Congrats Chris! Merry Christmas!

#29 ·
What if I start a Division cover band with all the guys who quit, and we end our sets with Ramblin' Man?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.